Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HPDM
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Hey everyone - we migrated HPDM 4.7SP12 from server 2008R2 to Server 2016. We did this by using the disaster recovery doc for 4.7. We then renamed the new 2016 server with the old Server 2008 hostname and IP address. When we load HPDM it had two gateways one with the old MAC address of the server 2008 nic and one with the new MAC address on the 2016 server. We found that deleting the old gateway (server 2008 MAC) allowed most of the devices to populate under the new gateway. However there is still a folder with the old MAC address under the HP Smart Zero Core tab with 10 devices still in it, even though the gateway has been deleted from the HPDM Gateway tab. I have a feeling I need to get rid of this folder so the remaining devices can report to the new gateway. Is that correct and how do I delete that folder?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

And I figured it out - the folder only existed because these devices are either offline or have had their IP's reassigned. I was pinging them and getting a response but when I did a -a I discovered the hostnames were different. Basically they were all offline and can't report now anyway. So I deleted the devices and the folder disappeared when there was nothing left. Now only references to the new, correct gateway exist.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

And I figured it out - the folder only existed because these devices are either offline or have had their IP's reassigned. I was pinging them and getting a response but when I did a -a I discovered the hostnames were different. Basically they were all offline and can't report now anyway. So I deleted the devices and the folder disappeared when there was nothing left. Now only references to the new, correct gateway exist.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.