Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

installed HP Device Manager Console  5.0.7.1 

But when running the Console - it loads  asked for Server/Username/password

You can see the OpenJDK Platform binary in Task Manager. 

But the main GUI doesn't open on screen 

I have uninstalled and re-installed but always get the same result 

the logs are saying  

2021-09-03 14:11:38 [main ] WARN ConsoleUtil - can't find the component's(com.hp.hpdm.console.main.gateway.RepositoryContentPanel[,0,0,0x0,invalid,layout=java.awt.GridBagLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=javax.swing.border.LineBorder@7b66322e,flags=9,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]) parent window!
2021-09-03 14:11:38 [main ] WARN ConsoleUtil - can't find the component's(com.hp.hpdm.console.main.user.UserContentPanel[,0,0,0x0,invalid,layout=java.awt.GridBagLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=javax.swing.border.LineBorder@692dba54,flags=9,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]) parent window!
2021-09-03 14:11:38 [main ] WARN ConsoleUtil - can't find the component's(com.hp.hpdm.console.main.user.GroupContentPanel[,0,0,0x0,invalid,layout=java.awt.GridBagLayout,alignmentX=0.0,alignmentY=0.0,border=javax.swing.border.LineBorder@49d30c6f,flags=9,maximumSize=,minimumSize=,preferredSize=]) parent window!
2021-09-03 14:40:41 [WT-EventQueue-0] WARN ConsoleUtil - the input component is null!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

Just finished pulling out my hair. I've just had the same problem. I think I remember closing one of the sub windows of HPDM and ending up with a blank screen. After that, the exact same error as you have.

Reinstalling the console or installing it on a different machine has no effect because the settings are stored here:

X:\Program Files\HP\HP Device Manager\Server\layout\root\default

If you rename or remove those files, the layout of the console should be reset.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.