1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HPDM 5.0 - VNC Shadow Window Automatically Closes

HP T630 Thin Client
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Hi all, 

I am running a test bench of HPDM Console 5.0 on a virtual Windows Server 2019 and HP T630 Thin Clients running HP ThinPro 7.1.0.

I have successfully sent tasks to enable VNC shadowing on the thin clients, and have double confirmed the setting has applied on the clients themselves though the admin control panel.

Whenever I send a task to shadow a device from the server console, it sends, processes, and succeeds. a few seconds later the VNC window pops up in the Windows taskbar, and over the top of the HPDM Console app. I see it come up and show me the default HP logo ThinPro screensaver for 1-2 seconds (even if the thin client itself is not displaying screensaver). After these couple seconds, the VNC window shuts itself down, and the VNC program disappears from the Windows taskbar.

I have tried sending task to update the agent on the clients, which succeeds. I have also tried multiple VNC settings on the clients and through the apply settings task. Sometimes I get a "successful" shadow task and see the window for 2 seconds, other times nothing pops up at all.

Suggestions please? 

Thanks! Nic. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation