Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ThinPro t420
Linux

Hi, i am instal HPDM 5.0 on Windows Server 2016 Standart

Try to sheduled update my thin client hp t420 from 5.2 to 7 ThinOS

Thats is my setting

clipboard_image_0.png

But after update 2 of 31 my device its stop and waiting until infinity. When i pause the task and resume its again update 2 device and wait.What i'am doing wrong?

P.S. Sorry for bad English.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, you ran into another known issue which we have a fix in the coming service pack.  With 5.0 the batch control might not work when payload is involved for rules.  To workaround that issue, please use a scheduled task.  You can send a task with the option of a scheduled time instead of immediately.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hi Stea,

Sorry for the inconvenience.  This is a known issue that payload task through child repositories after 30 min can get stuck.  We are fixing it in the next service pack.  Before that, you can use a workaround of mapping all your devices to the master repository.  Or continue manually pause and resume after each batch.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Thanks for you answer!

But when i use master repo, i have new problem, "updating image shedulled rule" ignoring my batch amount rule and try update all of devices at once. 

I try FTP batch amount and General batch amount, and have no effect.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately, you ran into another known issue which we have a fix in the coming service pack.  With 5.0 the batch control might not work when payload is involved for rules.  To workaround that issue, please use a scheduled task.  You can send a task with the option of a scheduled time instead of immediately.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Hello again!)

I ran into another problem.

I send task with Exluded Workin Hours between 7.00 Am and 11.00 PM, and batch control with one device and 30 min interval

After 7.00 AM task stopped, but not in status "Waiting". It is in status "Sending" one device every half hour.  And when is 11.00 PM all the accumulated task at once begin to be carried out.

HP Recommended

Hi Stea,  the option of excluding working hour takes effect on the unit side.  which means the unit will check local time vs. this option, and wait till it's over to start working on it.  So the server-side sending behavior won't be impacted by this option.  if you have a payload to download for this task, maybe you can try a different option.  You can send the task with option "Cached update" on without excluding working hour.  after that, you can send an _Execute cached task to all units with excluding working hour so that payload can get downloaded over day time without a reboot, and changes get applied after working hour.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

I'm not sure you can go from 5.2 to 7? I think you have to do an offline update using a USB drive with the downloaded ThinPro OS

HP Recommended

No, update from 5.2 to 7 is going fine.

Using usb on ~2000 thin clients in different cities , Seriously?

Using task with small count of device temporarily solved the problem, before SP it out

HP Recommended

I didn't see how many devises you have, but I've done it for 3500+ globally. Glad your smaller tasks work. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.