Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Device Manger 4.7 SP7
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

I upgraded the HPDM on my main server with 2012 R2 on it and it was smooth as silk.  Then I went to upgrade one of the 2008 R2 servers with the newest HPDM 4.7 SP7.  When I was finally able to get it to install without error, it began to give me trouble in the setup of the FTP and SMB  areas throwing all kinds of authentication errors.  

These new errors caused me to rebuild the FTP site and rebuild the repository.  I have ironed out all but one error.  It is the last error to go and from all my searching for answer the only one I found was both in the whitepapers as well as here: https://pwaldman.com/hpdm-master-repository-controller-configuration/ 

This is the error I get... MasterRepositoryError.png

I have tried to change the Controller.conf file to match the path.  I have tried any nubmer of ways to point to the FTP path.  It doesn't seem to make a difference in this version of HPDM, unless there is another spot that needs to be updated/changed for the fix to work.   

controller.conf.file.png

I need for these to be able to be updated or I am going to have to look for another solution to manage these devices other than the HPDM.  

Please any assistance would be appreciated. 

I pulled some logs... this was the error that was consistent

2017-08-29 12:05:18 ERROR Failed to delete package:"FTP-1504022697932".
2017-08-29 12:05:18 ERROR DeleteTask.cpp@78: Failed to delete local package.
DeleteTask.cpp@228: Failed to delete package:"FTP-1504022697932".
common\util.cpp@269: The system cannot find the file specified.

So what it appears from the logs is that it will talk to it but it can't find the file after the fact to delete it. 

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

First of all, you have to set local path in the controller.conf - Master Repository must be installed together with HP Master Repository Controller.

What's the default path that you set in controller.conf when installed HP Device Manager?  Should be something like

C:\inetpub\ftproot with the host IP 10.190.2.73

Then the FTP repository should be configured as ftp://10.190.2.73/ - if the /ftproot/ is the root folder of FTP server.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
HP Recommended

The FTP share and repository are all on the same server just not the OS drive of c:

I posted my Controller.conf file screenshot in the first post.  Where you would have seen what I had in there.  (\\10.190.2.73\ftproot\) as the "ReposPath"

So I took your last suggestion and changed the "ReposPath" in the Controller.conf file and changed it to (\\10.190.2.73\) and the results were worse than before as you can see in the screenshots below.

controller.conf.file.png

MasterRepositoryError.png

I have to admit of all the HPDMs that I have had to install this is by far the worst one.  Although I do like some of the features that were incorporated, which will make up for this mess once I get it working. 

The only difference between my working server and this one is the Server OS version that is being used.  Could the differences between them be causing this issue?

HP Recommended

I just tried chaing the "ReposPath" to ftp://10.190.2.73 the results were less than fantastic... 

see below... 

I'd like to think that it is something that I am doing something wrong, then it could be fixed, but this is quite frustrating, as I have been strugggling with this for almost 2 weeks now.   Between the install and the repository FTP failures. 

Also, just to be clear before I test I do stop and start the Service. 

If I change the path to ftp://10.190.2.73/ftproot/ this is what I get... see below

Any assistance would be appreciated... 

HP Recommended

"RepoPath" in the controller.conf should be local folder instead of a network share. Are you mapping that network drive as local drive?

Please elabrate more on the network infrasture to help understand the situation:

1. The IP address where HPDM Master Repository Controller(MRC) was installed

2. The disk path where HPDM MRC was installed, etc "C:\HPDM"

3. The IP Address and root path of FTP server, etc "ftp://<IP>/ftproot"

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

What I ended up doing is moving the HPDM to a different server with the 2012 R2 OS on it and was able to set it up flawlessly. 

I decided that attempting to make it work on 2008 R2 was wasting more of my time than I was willing to spend anymore. 

Thank you for your assistance. 

HP Recommended

I have come back with the same issues as this on Server 2012 R2 x64. 

Same screenshots as above and same errors as before... Below please find the screenshots I have provided. 

The errors and the Controller.conf file   I just can't see what is wrong with the set up to cause the same errors as before.

The error log is this:

2017-12-07 11:13:08 ERROR Failed to delete package:"SMB-1512666788757".
2017-12-07 11:13:08 ERROR DeleteTask.cpp@78: Failed to delete local package.
DeleteTask.cpp@228: Failed to delete package:"SMB-1512666788757".
common\util.cpp@269: The system cannot find the path specified.

2017-12-07 11:13:09 ERROR Failed to delete package:"FTP-1512666788757".
2017-12-07 11:13:09 ERROR DeleteTask.cpp@78: Failed to delete local package.
DeleteTask.cpp@228: Failed to delete package:"FTP-1512666788757".
common\util.cpp@269: The system cannot find the path specified.

error.pngcontroler.conf.png  

I am hoping that you can assist me again in figuring out why this is happening... is this an IIS thing?  Is this a UNC thing?  any suggestions will be welcome. 

Thank you!

HP Recommended

According to the path in the Controller.conf, HPDM install wizard will put the repository files under: d:\inetpub\ftproot\Repository

Assume that d:\inetpub\ftproot is the root path of your IIS FTP server, then for the FTP repository configuration you should set the path as d:\inetpub\ftproot\.

For the SMB please share ftproot folder in your network: \\10.4.46.216\ftproot

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

What will happen is that I'll set it up and it'll make two different repositories. one with all the folders and one with just "Files" in it.  I have finally stopped it from doing that and now, it is doing this.

So I changed it and this is what it produced...  It errored just like last time and then it created a new "ftproot" folder inside the one that was there and placed the repository there.   See below...

path.pngerrors.ftproot.png

HP Recommended

For some reasons the picture you attached is not shown correctlly.

With the controller.conf set to  d:\inetput\ftproot

Please make sure to set the FTP path to : ftp://<IP Address>/.

Set the SMB path to \\<IP Address>\ftproot

You can test the protocols one by one to save the time of troubleshooting.

I am an HPI Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.