1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HPDM Migration question

HP Recommended
HPDM 5.0 (HP Device Manager)
Microsoft Windows Server 2019

Hello,

I have been asked to move all are thin clients management from our old 2008 HPDM(ver. 4.6) server to our new 2019 HPDM (ver. 5.0.5) server. I can scan and see all the clients on our networks, but I have no ability to shadow or send any tasks. When a task is sent from the new server the task goes orange then never goes any further. I tried taking the key file and VNC certificate and putting them on the new server, but that didnt work. I also tried taking the agent file off the new server and putting it in the agent file for the old server then updating agent (that also didnt work). the are t- 610 thin clients with a cut down version of windows 7 on them. Is there a way I can move all the thin clients over without going to each one and insalling the new agent by hand or any process I can use to migrate them in mass? also if I could still manage through the old one while I setup the rest of the new one that would be great. Maybe add the new one as a secondary gateway?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation