Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
t530
Other

I have a new WIndows Server 2016 Standard installation with HPDM 4.7 SP8 installed using SQL Express.

All services are running:
hpdm1.JPG
hpdm2.JPG
HPDM3.JPGhpdm4.JPGhpdm5.JPGhpdm6.JPG

But it won't discover my devices.
In the DHCP pool it show's my devices:
hpdm7.JPG

Even after a factory reset it still won't discover my devices.
I can ping them from my server.

If I manually add them I see the following:
hpdm8.JPG

When I try to send Get Asset Information, it just stays orange and won't complete...

hpdm9.JPG

Please help... since i'm stuck on this issue for days now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

Maybe its related to network and firewall port allowance between HPDM and ThinClient?

Have you tryed HPDM port check tool?

As example to check if HPDM Gateway on a server is reachable from HPDM Agent on your T530 device.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Maybe its related to network and firewall port allowance between HPDM and ThinClient?

Have you tryed HPDM port check tool?

As example to check if HPDM Gateway on a server is reachable from HPDM Agent on your T530 device.

HP Recommended

this was a double post 🙂 It was solved by the same solution as you have provided. Thx !

HP Recommended

Great! :generic: 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.