Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Device manager
Linux

Hi all,

Yesterday we did the update from HP Devicemanager from version 4.7SP12 to 5.0SP2. 

Update went fine. 

We only have one issue that we cannot shadow devices anymore. Missing certificate file error. Where can i find the needed certificate text file so i can send it to all my thin clients.

David_VL_0-1587655910083.png

Thanks,

David

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Please generate or import certificate for shadowing - you can find a toolbar button "VNC Certificate" under Administration Page.

If you upgrade to 5.0.3, the new admin guide has the step by step guide starting page 141.  The GUI changed slightly from 5.0.1.

After getting the certificate ready, you'll need to enable VNC again with an _Apply Settings task.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
HP Recommended

Hi,

In 5.0.3 there is no “VNC Certificate” toolbar button under “Administration” page.

Does anybody know where should i find it?

HPDM503.png

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi Fumarola,

From the screenshot, I'd say this is 5.0 console, not 5.0.3.  You should be able to see HP Device Manager 5.0.3 on both the Console title bar and the login dialog.  You can also find the detailed version info in HPDM Configuration Center for all installed components.  For 5.0.3 the console should have version 5.0.3610.38270.

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi,

This is the version i have:

Fumarola1982_0-1593689660010.png

I cannot see any updates for version 5.0.3610.38270.

HP Recommended

Hi,

Please find here the HPDM Components I have:

Fumarola1982_0-1593689795519.png

HP Recommended

As I thought you have HPDM 5.0 installed.  Please upgrade with the latest installer

With the new version of Console you can see:

DM-AJ_0-1593694585313.png

I am an HPI Employee.
HP Recommended

And this is the view of the new version:

DM-AJ_0-1593694716933.png

I am an HPI Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.