TDThompson
5 2 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HPDM imaging t620 indicates "Failed to find the file explorer.ini"

HP Recommended
t620 Thin Client
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

I have a t620 Thin Client running WES8/64 which won't reimage from HPDM. After reboot, before the deployment actually starts, it halts at a WinPE screen with a command prompt window and indicates "Failed to find the file explorer.ini", and waits for commands at x:\windows\system32 where I can do the following:

• ipconfig shows a valid IP address.
  • ping the HPDM server OK
  • Entered a net use command to the HPDM Repository share, and can view the Repository folders OK.

I captured this image a few days ago from this same TC, made some customizations, then captured another image of the customizations. I was able to deploy both the original out of box image, and my customized one. 

I tried the latest version of the USB HP ThinUpdate utility, copying the IBR files from HDP Repository, and both images cause an error, "System does not have license for the image OS".

I have updated the BIOS on the this client after getting this error, and that didn't work either.

Not sure what to do. It's as if this TC just won't take any image now.

4 REPLIES 4
Chen_HPDM
Level 7
Level 7
504 504 51 84
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Firstly, you can use the ThinUpdate Captured image for DM deployment, but not the other way around.  So please don't try to deploy a DM captured image via ThinUpdate - our ultimate goal is to unify the image format, stay tune for that.

Secondly, what are the Agent version and DM version you're using?  Can you please try the latest version? 4.7 SP4.

Previously we use the local PE for DM imaging which has too much compendencies with local operating system. In the newer version, we use the PE stored in DM Repository which should be compatable with most of the operating systems.

I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own, and do not express those of HPI.
**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**
0 Kudos
TDThompson
Author
5 2 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I'm using the latest version of the HPDM 4.7 SP4 on Windows Server 2012. However, I didn't specifically have it update the agent before doing the capture and deploy. I wonder if that caused some trouble.

I opened a case and HP tech recommended first that I download the ThinUpdate factory firmware and reinstall. That installation fails indicating it can't find a Fixed disk!

So now I wonder if the flash is failing. HP Services provided instructions for "return to depot" repair, so I'm going that route.

0 Kudos
lindholdt
1 1 0 0
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Did anyone find a solution to this problem?

We have the same problem on our HPt620.

Each time, we try to image og get image of the Thin Client, the HP client boots and boots into WinPE. But it never starts imaging.

It only shows an error with the following message: 

"Failed to find the file explorer.ini"

The only way to boot the HPt620 is to edit the Boot.ini file to boot on the Windows partition again.

Lindholdt

0 Kudos
Matt551
5 3 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Lookup the thin client on HPs website by the serial and download that exact image from HP. Reset the BIOS to factory and install the stock image. If that doesn't work run diagnostics from the boot menu on the HD.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation