cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Roy
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HPDM "Device ID" issue with Virtual Adapter (Zscaler)

HP Recommended
T630
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

We have a very similar problem like this archive topic:

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktops-Archive-Read-Only/HPDM-and-quot-Device-ID-quot-issue-with-Cit...

We use Zscaler as Internet security software on our Thin Clients (it's our company policy). This software comes with its own virtual adapter (as a virtual gateway I guess). The problem is HPDM Agent see it as the first found MAC address and it become the HP "Device ID". But this MAC address (from Zscaler) is not unique and can be found on multiple of our Thin Client devices (I saw it). For now, we don't use HPDM anymore, because it happened that mutliple Thin Client got re-installed for a single task sent to a single Device ID. After diagnostic, I found they had the same Zscaler MAC which was the Device ID I saw in HPDM. When the other Thin affected are in production, it's not nice...

On the other archive topic I talked, the accepted solution is saying that all virtual adapters will be ignored in future release of HPDM starting 4.6 SP1. We tried 4.7 and the last 5.0, and it's not fixed. Well, at least for Zscaler virtual adapter. It still assigned as the Device ID.

Is it possible to ignore this virtual adapter and get the real physical NIC MAC as the Device ID?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation