Level 2
18 13 0 3
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

HPSA fails at "Analyzing your system" step

HP Recommended
Z240 SFF
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, about 2-3 months ago HP Support Assistant starting failing at the fourth step in the "Check for updates and messages" process.

I contacted support as my workstation is still under warranty and the tech told me I shouldn't be using HPSA and instead got me to install HP Performance Advisor. I've been trying that, but it doesn't a) appear to be updating software and b) doesn't look after updates for my HP CP5525 laserjet printer.

HPSA was doing a great job prior to it failing and I'd rather have something like it looking after updates to my HP software/firmware than needing me to search through lists of available updates and trying to work out manually what is needed and what isn't.

Any thoughts please on how I can make it work again?

2 REPLIES 2
DGroves
Level 11
4,510 4,493 411 946
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HP Performance Advisor is the perfered way to check for updates for laptops/desktops

HP Support Assistant is an older application created to offer automatic and immediate support for your HP notebook

as for your printer, was it added to the list of devices  Performance Advisor checks? if not simply add it to the list

0 Kudos
DenizIrde
Level 2
11 8 0 5
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi there,

If you recently changed your Windows language, this change may be the problem. I noticed that when I changed the system language different than English, HPSA's 'Analyzing' step stops working. 

IMO, this is definitely a bug that HP should resolve.

However, there is a workaround. When the language for system accounts are all set to English, HPSA's Analyzing function will start to work again. To do that,

1. Press WIN+I to enter settings in Windows 10.

2. Go to 'Region & language' under the 'Time  & Language' section.

3. Change your display language to English(US, UK vs. does not matter)

4. Log off & Log on your session.

5. Go to same page in the settings

6. Click on 'Administrative language settings' on upper right.

7. Click on Copy Settings.

8. Check the box next to 'Welcome screen and system accounts'.

9. Use OK button to close all windows.

10. When prompted, restart your system.

It should be working now. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation