10 5 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post

HPz620 boot error - fans blazing

HP Recommended
Hpz620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi - I have moved this from another forum

my z620 has died - first the computer wouldn't boot at all, no lights. Then I reset the cmos and there was some improvement the power light comes on. But after 10 seconds the fans whir up into a very noisy (warning sign style) mania.

i have checked the ram connections with no luck. Also I can't find the manual online. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
DGroves
Level 11
4,483 4,466 406 934
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

search this fouum using the "search" box using keywords z620 bios recovery"

you are far from the first to post a question like this and several previous posts will have some steps you can try in atempting to do a bios recovery (look for posts from "SDH""

0 Kudos
spiralstaircase
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@DGroves wrote:

search this fouum using the "search" box using keywords z620 bios recovery"

you are far from the first to post a question like this and several previous posts will have some steps you can try in atempting to do a bios recovery (look for posts from "SDH""

Thanks for the information dgroves, although it feels slightly like you are trolling me here. I moved my post due to your instruction and now I'm lambasted for not being the first person to post it. 

Meanwhile I had no idea I was attempting a bios recovery so thanks I will look at that. 

Since this is a public forum please watch your manners. 

0 Kudos
DGroves
Level 11
4,483 4,466 406 934
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i was not forcing you to move your post, only pointing out that having a workstation, the workstation  forum might be a better place for your questions, feel free to post in any forum you wish.

i really don't know how to rephrase the sentence "your not the first person to post this" any better. i feel it describes the fact quite well and neither I or SDH really feel like reposting the same information over and over, which is why i told you to use the search function

last, i do watch my manners and feel my post to you was well within aceptable bounds if you think diffrent please use the Report a comment function this board offers to the HP admins reguarding my post to you

0 Kudos
spiralstaircase
Author
Level 1
10 5 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello does anyone have any ideas about this problem? Dgroves seemed to cut of this post before a solution could be found. 

I have borrowed an indentical psu and will test this. Is there any other tests I should be running? 

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation