Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZCentral-4R
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I haven't bought the product yet. I am just trying to assess the potential hoops I might have to jump through.

I made some preliminary inquiries to the sales office here in Tokyo, but they can't, for some reason, be specific on my questions (due, I think, mainly to using Google Translate to convert my English question to Japanese, and then me using same to convert their Japanese answer back to English).

I was hoping here to connect with someone who has bought through the Tokyo/Japanese website, but operates their server in English.

They state that they sell the server pre-installed with a "Japanese version" of the Windows 10 OS.

As I understand it, Windows 10 (US / English) can be configured to run in Japanese, so what is all this about a special "Japanese version" of the OS? Any issues changing OS to work in English? Any problems with warranty / service agreements / service requirements (assuming Japanese-only service staff)?

Also interested in the Performance Analysis software - specifically the allocation of CPU / threads to specific executables.

Here I would like to confirm this is either English (default / original) and configurable to any other language. I will obviously use in English, but just wanted to confirm that a server bought in Japan will not have a special "Japanese version" of this software too, to go along with the OS. Thank you very much, in advance, if you can answer these for me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

some "OEM" versions of windows 10 are not multi language aware and are single language

also, if you buy a system from a different region, you will need to contact your regions HP office and manually register the foreign HP system to get warranty support from your local regions HP i would ask your local HP about this first as the HP online registration sites can only accept serial numbers that match their local region

the HP hp Performance Analysis software is currently offline and not available for download, regarding setting cpu thread affinity windows can do this itself here's one such web page on this subject

https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/144736-how-permanently-set-cpu-affinity-programs.h...

there are also numerous 3rd party GUI based tools which will do this google around the web for them

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

some "OEM" versions of windows 10 are not multi language aware and are single language

also, if you buy a system from a different region, you will need to contact your regions HP office and manually register the foreign HP system to get warranty support from your local regions HP i would ask your local HP about this first as the HP online registration sites can only accept serial numbers that match their local region

the HP hp Performance Analysis software is currently offline and not available for download, regarding setting cpu thread affinity windows can do this itself here's one such web page on this subject

https://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/144736-how-permanently-set-cpu-affinity-programs.h...

there are also numerous 3rd party GUI based tools which will do this google around the web for them

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.