Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Workstaion z420

Im currently trying to install windows 7 (x64) On an HP workstation a friend gave me. I have 1 500 gb hard drive in it.

Every time I go to install windows It does not show any hard drives and I do not know where to find the drivers windows need to see them. Can anybody send me the drivers so I can install windows? 

🙂thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if the storage controller files I zipped up and attached below are the ones you need...

Download and unzip the file to its folder.  There will be two driver folders inside the main folder.

Copy the all of the driver folders within the folder to a USB flash drive and when you select the Load Driver option when you get to the part where Windows can't find the disk to install on, browse to the USB flash drive with the drivers on it.  You can check the only include compatible driver box for best results.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Cmon I know people are looking at this.

Please i need help

HP Recommended

Hi:

The only suggestion I can offer, would be to see if the storage controller files I zipped up and attached below are the ones you need...

Download and unzip the file to its folder.  There will be two driver folders inside the main folder.

Copy the all of the driver folders within the folder to a USB flash drive and when you select the Load Driver option when you get to the part where Windows can't find the disk to install on, browse to the USB flash drive with the drivers on it.  You can check the only include compatible driver box for best results.

HP Recommended

OK thankyou so much!

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

HP Recommended

If a hard drive or a SSD is in a "Raw" state it may not be visible to the OS installer.  They come from the factory unpartitioned and unformatted for MAC/Windows OS/Linux/ etc.  I always NTFS format MBR partition such drives first in a working  Windows system.   Once that is done they seem very easy for the OS to see.  If you have a no-cost way to W7Pro64 install I'd then move on to W10Pro64.... it is still a free upgrade.

There are lots of great tips in here on optimizing the Z420 workstations.  I'm sure you'll do fine.

To set a foundation for upgrades first check out your boot block date in BIOS to see if you have a version 1 or a version 2 Z420....as discussed in here ad nauseum.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.