Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Higher wattage power supply

HP Recommended
rp5700 SKU No. AK967US#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I would like to replace my rp5700 240 watt power supply with a 300 watt or greater power supply to use a NVIDIA GeForce GT 710 or better graphics card.

Please advise if there are any HP or other brand power supplies available for this system.

Thank you,

James

6 REPLIES 6
TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
10,990 10,969 1,023 3,117
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The product AK967US translates to a HP Slimline Desktop - 410-010.  The SUPPORT DOCUMENT for that model illustrates  the power supply pictures as a non-standard power supply.  But you are in luck, you can order a 300w upgrade

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA85V3GC9046&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&c...

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the thumbs up to give Kudos! " >.

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
jdrolte
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.  I will consider this solution but am concerned as it is not the same shape as the one in my rp5700 so do not fully understand how it would fit.  Note the other pictures shown on the Newegg URL that shows a refurbished 240 W for the rp5700.  It is not a simple rectangular cube.

TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The information about the power supply might be in error if the existing one does not look similar.  Please post the information on the existing power supply and if possible the model number or part number on the power supply.

" Note the other pictures shown on the Newegg URL that shows a refurbished 240 W for the rp5700" are you indicating that you have found information on the power supply installed.  Please share a link, if yes.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!

jdrolte
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

This one is identical in appearance (size, shape) as my current power supply:

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1HU-001R-002C2

Jim

TheOldMan
Level 15
Level 15
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It would seem the prior information I posted is in error.  That power supply is different from the one I gave you.  sorry.  I cannot seem to find any higher wattage unit than the 240w

I'm not an HP employee.

jdrolte
Author
Level 1
7 5 0 0
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank  you for all your effort.   I have read from other groups that the 240 supply will probably be ok with some of the graphics cards that have lower wattage  usage.  I will not be using it for gaming, just trying to learn AutoCAD Lt 2002 version with a Samsung T190 monitor.

Jim

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation