Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G1 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Per the warranty lookup it says I have 2 months left, but when i try to open a case, it says HP no longer services my pc. The hard drive has bad sectors, so how do i get a replacement hard drive since it is under warranty?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@MonMatGrp

Hello;

Allow me to welcome you to the HP forums!

Sorry, but this is just a community self-help forum staffed mostly by volunteers and we are not authorized to deal with warranty service or equipment replacement issues.

For these issues, you will need to contact HP Customer Support directly.

If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1

If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.html

NOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!

If you have trouble finding a phone number, then try: 1 (800) 474-6836

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

the  G1 series has been out of warranty for quite some time, at least 3 years  (it was released end of 2013) so there would be no warranty on the base system. unless a HP extended carepack warranty was bought.

was this  drive bought at a later date? and if so from where?

HP Recommended

Surely a warranty is based on purchase date, not when a system was released for sale.

In any case, the OP states HP's system indicates he still has (had) 2 months left on his warranty but is having issues getting that listed warranty honored.

HP Recommended

HP  EliteDesk 800 G1 

i noted that this system was released towards the end of 2013, and can have a 1 to 3 year warranty, it's now 2018 and while i don't know the year they stoped making the G1 i do know it's no longer in a standard HP warranty  and if it's somehow under a extended warranty (which is unlikely but possible i guess) it's either out of support  or at the end

many people confuse a HP authorised reseller warranty with a HP warranty, i have also seen cases where people have bought a HP branded drive or acessory from HP or a 3rd party at a later date and  think that the part will be covered by the computers warranty instead of having it's own warranty period.

while HP will use a customers receipt usually for warranty support, they also look at the date the system was first available and when the system was discontinued. This prevents people from claming they just bought a HP system made in 2010 so it should still be under warranty

I have also seen cases where HP lists the system as out of warranty, but the owner's receipt date may show a date that says it's seill in warranty. these cases are usually decided by HP in the consumers favor if HP feels that the consumer is not trying to "scam" them

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.