Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
t520
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I just recently purchased a couple HP t520 Thin Clients with Windows 10 Embedded. By default the RAM drive letter is "Z". My company has a  a network drive that auto maps to "Z". I have been unable to find a way to change it. The only thing that kind of led me to the right place was a registry change (HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ramdrive\Parameters\DriveLetter). However I have changed it and restarted the system but it doesnt change the drive letter. I also looked in Controlpanel\HP RAM Disk Manager which shows the letter change but the only options is to change the size of the RAM drive. 

Any Ideas on how to change the RAM Drive Letter? 

Note: I have also disabled HP UWFC so the changes I make do save. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Sure, just change it under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Ramdisk\Parameters

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.