Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z820 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a problem with my workstation that HP support will not fix despite having extended warranty on the workstation.

It seems the Customer Engagement Centre is the new name for Customer complaints and so far they have not supported me on this case.

I cannot see anywhere that will now help me resolve this issue.

The Customer Engagement team are the top of the tree, so I have nowhere to go to request help.

There are no phone number sthat I can use, chat is not able to help, referring me to the CCustomer engagemment team

The pc is getting to the end of its 5 year life cycle and I was hoping to upgarde to the next revision when it finishes but on this scale of support I'm not sure if I want to.

Does anyone have any helpful ideas where I can go next?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Silverlocks,

Thank you for the update.  Based on your comments I will re-escalate for review and follow up.

Cheers,

Cheron 

I work on behalf of HP

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

since you don't state what the problem is or why hp is refusing to fix it there is nothing anybody on this user to user forum can really do.

[legal language removed]

HP Recommended

The problem is that HP are not being proactive and sorting the fault, it needs a replacement motherboard rev.1.4 or later but they say they cannot get one and are staying silent on replacing the pc as per their extended warranty. I dont mind which I just want the errors gone. I create a ticket and they cancel/close it without resolution.

I'm hoping HP monitor these forums and may be pushed into resolving my issue.

For your info, its a Z820 with twin Zeons, E5-2630 v2 @2.60GHz and 64 GB Ram.

BIOS is up to date, as are all the drivers but I have errors in HP performance Manager that both cpu's are not at the same speed,

Windows 10 also complains that I have 'Other Devices' that are ' Base System Device' without the correct driver.

I have 16 of these errors.

I have also removed all extra cards, installedn HP Turbo drive (256) for the boot drive and re-installed Windows 10 from a new download and on to a cleaned Turbodrive as above.

The same problem manifests itself.

I also have a program, MiniTool Partition Manager, that looks at the configuration and the last time it failed to run it stated I had removed half of the cores so I needed to re-licence it.

I've also tried the HP Download manager and the HP Image Assistant as recommended by HP and nothing works.

Hence the thouight someone in HP might read this and help if no one else can.

Any helpful suggestions welcome

HP Recommended

@Silverlocks

Based on you recent commentsI have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Support Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum. 

I work on behalf of HP
HP Recommended

Appreciate your assistance on this -

Regards

Mike

HP Recommended

I would like to inform you that I have not had any useful or meaningful messages/emails/support from the UK team.

The only email on Tuesday last week stated the UK team were looking into the problem and would be in touch.

I have had no updates of any form since.

The email was in reality the same email I had during previous attempts to get support. 

That ended with the case closed without resolution etc.

I would appreciate it if you could request them to speed up their response and conclude this problem in a timely manner.

Kind regards

Mike Steddy

HP Recommended

@Silverlocks,

Thank you for the update.  Based on your comments I will re-escalate for review and follow up.

Cheers,

Cheron 

I work on behalf of HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.