Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Gaming Laptop(with green keyboard)
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi..good day all.I will briefly summarise my issue here

First..my pc was fine untill i decided to make an update that was recommended via the auto update feature on windows 10...while it was downloading the last segment...i noticed nothing was been downloaded.I decided to reset my internet and it wasnt still downloading...So i made up my mind to restart the pc

the pc kept showing “ restarting pc”  for a long period of that i couldnt wait any longer and i had to press and and hold the power button for 4 seconds to forcefully shut it down....

I went off and restarting became an issue.....it was passing the the hp logo but wasnt passing through the black screen.....after following up some of the solutions provided and no sucesss...i decided to use the recovery feature to switch it back to factory settings

I started the recovery process around 12 am and even at 8am...it was stillon the process(ps i had close 650gb free out of the 1tb space and i chose not to keep my files coz all my important stuffs were in my external hdd)

i left for work around 8am with the recovery process still going on...and when i came back home (pc was off ) dnt know what really happend could be battery ran down or it finished everything and shut down...i had no idea since i wasnt at home)

Upon booting it up....everything game up and it got to a point it said admistrator bla bla and it kept loading(i think it was the lock screen)

After then...it would restart and the provess was on loop untill it finally stopped loading....was only booting to hp logo.

I cant access the recovery menu coz after a while...it would say pc ran into a problem and will restart on a blue screen(happens each time i tried accesing the recovery menu) and as at filing this complain....am trying to access the recovery menu but there is a hp logo that says please wait and its like its gonna be there forever.

What else can i do please to bring the pc back to life

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@AbbaFana
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. This sounds like the windows operating system is not installed correctly due to that computer is not booting into windows desktop. 

The last thing I can suggest trying to restore back to the factory settings. Performing an HP system recovery (Windows ) While doing the recovery there is an option to backup your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi..good day.First i would like to say thank you for getting back to me....

Then secondly...there is an update about the laptop.

Somehow...i was able to get it to boot to desktop but most of the softwares are not installed and then...it doesnt boot straight to desktop(when it gets to login,it will show windows wasnt installed properly.... and then i will use the shift + one other combination key to get to desktop..i cant recall the exact key)

Soo...my recovery files of about 15gb are still intact but i cant still get to use them via recovery menu at startup

So all am asking is if there is a software that i can download and install that will manually get the files and then convert the drive into a bootable drive for me to go back to windows

i watched a video on youtube and the installer doesnt need to download from the internet

HP Recommended

@AbbaFana
Thank you for posting back. 

To get the answer to this question, there no such options apart from The HP Cloud Recovery Tool which allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.