Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Z600 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hp Z600 turns on after power outage. The motherboard is v.2, the system bios is v03.57. I couldn't find the bios list on the download page, to check for the latest bios version. The current bios seems to be work fine.

When I unplug the power, and then plug it back in it automatically restarts the computer. Then gives me an "F1 boot" and installs "AHCI bios" and puts the bios back to default settings. Eventually I can boot to Windows.

The adjustments I've made in Windows is all power on. All USB ports remote power on are disabled. and suspended mode are all disabled. Hard drives are always on. Etc.

In the Bios I have disabled "After Power Loss" is off.

So basically I would like to unplug the computer and plug it back in without it turning on by itself.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

while i don't own a z600 ( i have z800/z820) which are close in power related issues

modern power supplies even when in the off state are actually still on in a special state monitoring the sleep/power on state  due to the need to power on from suspend states

so if you remove the power plug and actually remove ALL power, the next time your apply power the system will power on and depending on the hardware (pwr supply/motherboard/bios config) then resume a low power off state or it will perform a normal boot for the z series it should simply power back on to a low power state instead of booting

if the system does not resume a low power state you may have a OS task or OS service that is refusing to terminate, which will cause a restart

enter safe mode, and see if the issue persists, if not then look at installed apps

HP Recommended

BIOS is a bit of a black art.... I have a few Z600s here and they don't auto-restart with loss of power.  There is a HP thing called replicated setup where you can capture your settings into a .txt file, import my settings from the .txt file I captured here and emailed to you, and then you can see if that fixes your issue.  You can make sense of these usually by just printing out the .txt file too.

So, if you want our Z600 version 2 settings just PM me your email address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.