Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z420
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

When I try to upgrade the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics after uninstalling the old one and as in the picture I get asked for this. I downloaded the file from the HP website.

Screenshot-2019-11-03-23.59.jpg

Above The Firehouse
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

do you have a HP_Tools partition by chance? if so try this

You can remove the HP_TOOLS partition as follows.

Hold down the Windows key and press R.  Type diskmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In the lower ( graphical ) pane showing the partitions, right click the HP_TOOLS partition and select Delete Volume.

When done, this will leave an entry for 'Unallocated Space'.

You can then right click the C partition and select Extend Volume to add the Unallocated Space back to the C partition.

HP Recommended

I will have to look. This is a ssd I cloned from a raid 0 drive on my pavilion elite that I threw in the z420. 

Above The Firehouse
HP Recommended

Nope, no hp tools partition but there is 95g unallocated space

Above The Firehouse
HP Recommended

you may have had a hp tools partition that was deleted/formatted

try this trick,....note the current version number of the installed hp tools and see if you can find the installer for that version

then run that installer, it might update the registry entry that exists for the current hp tools allowing a uninstall

if all else fails you will need to check the registry for all references to HP tools and delete or modify the entries related to the install path 

HP Recommended

Here is the thing. It's doing this on other programs randomly. Like for virtual box or open office. 

Above The Firehouse
HP Recommended

I never touched anything. I just cloned my raid 0 and installed the ssd in the pavillion elite and then when I got the z420 I put the ssd in and it worked and updated drivers et . 

Above The Firehouse
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.