Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp xw8600 work station
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hi all, looking for help, suggestions or advice on what's going wrong with my pc. I bought it off a friend. With Windows 10 installed and activated on the system. Around a day ago now I was watching a movie and the whole system crashed. It shut itself down so Immediately turned it back on. When I turn it on it shows a blank screen with a cursor and a long list of ports e.g. port-00. Also showing white patches and lines all over the screen. I am able to run it in safe mode and I have tried resetting but I still get the same error (your pc has ran into an issue). 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

your video card has failed/is failing replace the card

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

How many RAM modules are in the system? Try taking them all out, clean the gold contacts with a pencil eraser, and re-seat the RAM, one module at a time. Does that make any difference?

HP Recommended

it's my graphics card I need to run it in safe but can't get onto it now

HP Recommended

Are you getting the screen corruption PRIOR to Windows loading (i.e in BIOS, Diags etc..) Or is it just when Windows loads?
Does your CPU have on-board graphics? Can you pull the graphics card out and run off of the on-board graphics ans see if that makes any difference?

HP Recommended

So it begins to boot it says hp invent, then goes black screen, the screen has white patches all over it then a blue screen shows up saying your pc ran into an issue we are restarting it for u then there's an error code saying video tdr error

HP Recommended

I know what you mean but I don't dare try and pull it out in case I make it worse

HP Recommended

I am trying to force it into recovery but it's not happening

HP Recommended

your video card has failed/is failing replace the card

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.