2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Hp z400 inte xeon W3550 quad core 475W power supply

HP Recommended
hp z400 Wokstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi all, 

I have a workstation hp z400 with Intel Xeon quad core W3550 3.1 ghz. I have try to change the graphic card but something doesent work. I try to install a MSI GeForce 560TI twin frozr II 1GDDR5/256bit, but when i try to power on the Workstation, it start to beet (6 beeps, which mean is a problem with my graphic card)

I saw on this forum that some people use geforce GTX670 with 2GDDR5/256bits and work fine, with no problem ( https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Z400-Compatible-Graphics-Cards/... ) . 

Why mine does not work? is that BIOS issue? i have a recent verions (2016) but still cannot use my video card. 
PLease, someone, maybe i do something wrong. All my hopes ar in this video card. I cannot afford to buy a new one (My old graphic card was a Nvidia Quatro 256mb/128bit

1 REPLY 1
bivoy
Level 3
41 40 0 10
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

seems like power issue

card needs 2x 6pin power ? , but z400 got only one cable with 6 pin, buy a SATA to 6 pin power VGA adaptor, or 6 pin to dual 6 pin adaptor and make sure card is powered correctly

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation