cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WhtCllr
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Hp z800 fails to update to Microsoft Windows 1709 update.

HP Recommended
hp z800 bought earlier than 2013
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello.

Everything was running fine while I use windows 10. But the new windows 10 update 1709 fall creators update fails to update every time I try to update my workstation.

I couldn't find any actual BIOS update for z800 wich is for windows 10. Does that mean that Hp z800 has no longer support from you, and can't I run windows 10 on this workstation?

I would be very happy if you could help with that. Because my workstation tries to update every day for several times, since u can't fully cancel updates on windows 10. And that causes force restarts which give me troubles on work.

Many thanks for considering my request.

2 REPLIES 2
DGroves
Level 11
4,491 4,474 408 937
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

i have a z800 and it had no problems with updating to v1709 so you may have a application or a corupted os that is causing you problem, please check the windows error logs to get more information on what is causing the update to fail

or you can back up your data, and the download the win 10 1709 install image and do a clean install

as for HP support, this model was released in 2009, and hp usually  supports a system for 3 years on standard warranty and 3-4 more years on extended carepack warranty

the z800 systems are therefore out of any warranty support 

0 Kudos
SDH
Level 10
2,274 2,228 211 657
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Agree with DGroves.  Every Z400 Z600 and the one Z800 I've loaded W10 on to took the Fall Creators Update fine.

There are cases where some component of the W10 updaters get corrupted.  The best solution I've found is to do a full disk cleanup checking all the boxes, and choosing the advanced option to clean out System files too.  You need to read up on how to do that, and to do it the most thorough way.  That can dump the corrupted installer and let the OS download a fresh clean one and that may work.

Another trick is to download an installer directly from MS once you know which one is bad, do that cleanup, and then use that download rather than MS on-line updates to get it installed.

Once your workstation's UUID has been automatically entered in Microsoft's W10 authentication servers you can do a clean install from scratch, also, which should take care of this issue also, as noted above.

Do you know that we're not HP here?  We are your peers..... this is a peer to peer help group.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation