Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Good day, Please i have an issue with my new HP Z820 workstation. it came with windows 7pro and i want to install windows 10 Enterprise 64bit on it. but i don't know how to go about it. i have tried normal way to install the windows but when it gets to the finalization end it comes up with an error

( the windows could not update the computer's boot configuration. installation cannot proceed).

Please your urgent assistance will be appreciated.

i have replace with a new HDD to test if its the HDD and also use another new HDD to another PC and install the windows 10 Enterprise, then fix it back to the new HP Z820 workstation to confirm if it will boot. all to no avail.

please steps to resolve is appreciated, it cost us alot to purchase this workstation.

many thanks

HP Recommended

Hi All, i have finally been able to resolve it and it working perfectly fine.

if you have such issues. what you do is as follows:

1. Restart your PC 

2. Upon booting, Press F10 to enter the setup utility.

3. Go to Storage.

4. Go to storage option

5. Move your Arrow to Sata Mode.

6. Press your RIGHT Arrow Keyboard to change to IDE

7. Press F10 to save the settings.

Secondly 

1. Go to security

2. Go to system Security

3. Hit your keyboard enter key

4. Make sure that your DATA Execution Prevention is ENABLED. If NOT Press your right arrow keyboad to enable it.

Thirdly.

1. Go to Advance

2. Go to Device options

3. make sure all the settings are as follows.

i. Number lock state at power-on.......................................................Off

ii. S5 wake on LAN and Internal Speaker............................................Enabled

iii. NIC (AMT) option Rom Download...................................................Enabled

iv. NIC option Rom Download.............................................................Enabled

v. SAS option Rom Download.............................................................Enabled

vi. PXE option Roms............................................................................Legacy

vii. Mass Storage option Rom.............................................................Legacy

viii. Video option Roms........................................................................Legacy

ix. Multi-Processor...............................................................................Enabled

x. Active Processor cores......................................................................All

xi. Hyper-Threading...............................................................................Enabled

xii. CECP mode........................................................................................Disable

Lastly

1. Press your F10 and scroll down to save and exit. then insert your bootable DVD OS and run your windows.

Good Luck. 

HP Recommended

Thank you to both Paul_Tikkanen and mabbas2! While it still took me hours to get this working, I couldn't find all of the appropriate driver downloads, I am currently installing Windows 7 Pro! I had backed up all the drivers to our network and both the IntelRST and the LSI 2308 drivers were in there.

I wanted to attach the drivers but I don't see how to...? If you still have access to your current Windows install or have a second Z820 you should be able to find a folder called something similar to HP Z820\SP68644\wk_Z420_Z620_Z820_1.03\x64_win7\driver_storage. In that last folder are the IntelRST and LSI 2308 drivers 🙂

Patrick

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.