Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hoz800

Dear hp I have server hpz800 can it set remote wake pc from outside?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

We're not HP.... we are users of HP products supporting each other.

The answer to your question can be found by searching this forum for WOL and Wake on LAN.  I've been working on WOL issues and have posted quite a bit in here on that.  I'm hitting some brick walls with WOL on Windows 10 in the Z620 workstations, but your Z800 will have a different LOM chipset (Local area network chip On Motherboard).  At least on the Z620 I had better success under W7Pro64 than under W10Pro64.

The Z620 has two different LOM chips and two network ports on its backplane.  It turns out that by convention we have used only one of the two, and thus the only one I've been working on is perhaps the issue.  I'll take a go at it again using the other port when I get enthused about WOL again.  The properties interface is quite different between the two types......

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.