Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z420 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I can't find/enable TPM1.2 on my Z420 Workstation.

I run TPM.msc on my windows 10 and I get this:

SamShomali_0-1633780905426.png

I can't find an option in the BIOS to enable it. The BIOS version that I have is the latest: which is 3.96 REV.A
Appreciate your help. Also, in the BIOS settings, I was not able to anything related to Embedded Security Device in the Security Menu that I can either enable or disable.

I tried to run the HP TPM configuration utility, it gave me the following error:

SamShomali_0-1633782354180.png

Thank you in advance

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Just to clarify, in the BIOS settings, there is no Embedded Security Device in the Security Menu that I can either enable or disable.

HP Recommended

depending on the region/area the system was sold in you may not have TPM enabled usually there will be a sticker stating no TPM attached somewhere on the inside of the case

countries like china/Russia prohibit TPM so HP disables this feature even though the board may have the TPM chip installed

https://www.gp-digital.org/world-map-of-encryption/

HP Recommended

Thank you for your reply.
I live in Australia and I bought the Workstation locally as a second hand. There might be a chance that this machine came from overseas (China,...)

Is there a way that I can enable the Chip? 

Thank you for your appreciated help in advance.

HP Recommended

no, if HP disabled the TPM you will need to replace the board with one that has it enabled

personally the TPM issue is not a real problem i would simply ignore it windows 10 will happily run fine without it

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.