Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z620 Workstation C8M57UP
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

My name is John Eline and I'm looking to find out the name and or Model of the

Motherboard that came with my HP Z620 Workstation - Number C8M57UP.

Can't find this anywhere in HP Support.

I found some HP Z620 Motherboards on eBay. One such Motherboard listed is:

HP Workstation Z620 Intel Lga2011 Motherboard Mainboard 619559-001. This

one happens to be sold out. I don't know if this would be the correct one anyway.

There are some other mother boards listed there. The ebay url is:

https://www.ebay.com/p/HP-Workstation-Z620-Intel-Lga2011-Motherboard-Mainboard-619559-001/1909239179

Please let me know the correct Motherboard for my HP Z620 Workstation.

Thanks for your time and help!

Sincerely,

John Eline

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JSE2

Hi,

You can find the system boards at HP Part Surfer.  Look here.  The motherboard for Windows 8 would be a good choice.  You may not like the price.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

hp like most companies will have a retail part number and a diffrent internal number for the same part, also a part number from one division may not be the same one used by another division

and sometimes, a part may have a major revision that causes a part to be renumbered,  to  id the old part from the new part

in your case the z620 does have 2 diffrent motherboard revisions the early (original release) and a later v2 release

you want a v2 motherboard that supports the older 55xx xeons and also the newer 56xx xeons

the 

In the z620  bios setup.  Look at the first page .  This page lists the BIOS boot block date. 

If the BIOS boot block date is 03/06/2013, the Z620 supports the E5-26xx V2 CPUs and the older versions (Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge).

If the BIOS boot block date is 12/20/2011, the Z620 supports only the E5-26xx "V1" CPUs (Sandy Bridge).  The system will probably not boot with a V2 CPU, and even if it does, the system will be very unstable. 

The Z620 boot block cannot be updated.  Updating the BIOS to the latest version from older versions does not update the boot block.

HP Recommended

John Eline,

There are in effect two versions of z620 motherboards:

619559-001 / 618264-001  will run the first version Xeon E5's in one (E5-16XX) or two (E5-26XX) processor configurations, using RAM of up to DDR3-1600 ECC either unbuffered or registered.  This series will not run nor can it be modified to run second series (E5-V2) processors.

708614-001  will run the second version Xeon E5's in one (E5-16XX V2) or two (E5-26XX V2) processor configurations, using RAM of up to DDR3-1866 ECC either unbuffered or registered. This version will also run first series processors.

If you are replacing a current motherboard, consider using a 708614-001 so as to allow changing to an E5 V2 in the future. The V2 series provide typically higher clock speeds, greater total RAM capacity, and the potential for up to 12 cores with V2 instead of 8.

Be careful in purchasing.

BambiBoomZ

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.