Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY All-in-O
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP ENVY All-in-One - 27-p075na (Touch) pc

it has developed the jumping cursor issue, I have done the following:

Tried a new mouse and keyboard

ran a full scan in safe mode  using Malware Bytes scan including rootkit.- nothing found

unchecked the - Enhanced pointer selection

i am looking to re-install the drivers but i have been unable to locate any on the HP website.

any other suggestions or help would be appriciated

thanks

ali

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@ali_thecompldy

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

This is, unfortunately, a hardware issue, normally such interactive tests would have a manual option to select test failed, if you aren't able to move those boxes around, the fact that it didn't work either would go to show a hardware malfunction and I would strongly recommend you Contact HP to get either a repair or replacement of the faulty parts:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If the product is Out of warranty, you may find the faulty part and their part numbers on the HP PARTS SURFER and order the replacement parts on the HP PARTS STORE or the local retailers as the part numbers are universal.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@ali_thecompldy

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. 

As I understand the cursor has an erratic movement issue,

No worries, as I'll be glad to help you, that said, I'll need a few more details to dissect your concern & provide an accurate solution: 

Considering you've already used an alternate mouse, does that have the same issue?

Does the issue occur before booting into Windows as well?

While you respond to that, here's a few things you need to check:

To help you with the Official HP website for Software and download: Click here

You may use this website to download the relevant drivers, that said, If an alternate/external mouse didn't work either, this could either be a corrupt driver or the touchscreen and hence I request you run an extensive system test using the Hardware Diagnostics tool:
Click here for instructions.

​​​​​​​

That said, you could also access the BIOS screen (by tapping F10 during a restart) and check if the mouse is jumping on its own if it is, it would confirm a hardware malfunction, if it doesn't then, updating the drivers should fix the issue.

Let me know if those steps worked for you,

If they did, that's awesome!

Give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons,

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Riddle_Decipher,

thankyou for your quick response. I have tried a new mouse which jumps about just the same,  The issue does appear when i load up the diagnostic page, although nowhere near as bad as in windows.

i have it running an extensive system test at the moment.

thanks

ali

HP Recommended

@ali_thecompldy

Thank you for replying,

Please take your time and get back to me with the results,

I'll be awaiting your response and would be glad to help.

Be sure to run the interactive touchscreen & mouse test as well before you reply with the results,

Feel free to post your query for any other assistance as well,

It's been a pleasure interacting with you and I hope you have a good day ahead.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accepted Solution.

And click on the Purple Thumbs up icon at the bottom of my comment.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Ho Riddle_Decipher,

i hav finally finished running the system test. when i ran the all test it came back as passed, when i ran a component test on the touch screen i was only able to remove a few of the squares, it did randomly turn others off as well, the test shows as cancelled even though it ran out of time while completing it.

would this be a driver issue or a hardware issue ?

thanks

ali

HP Recommended

@ali_thecompldy

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts,

This is, unfortunately, a hardware issue, normally such interactive tests would have a manual option to select test failed, if you aren't able to move those boxes around, the fact that it didn't work either would go to show a hardware malfunction and I would strongly recommend you Contact HP to get either a repair or replacement of the faulty parts:

HP Technical Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: http://h22207.www2.hp.com/us-en/?openCLC=true

(1) Once the support page opens please select the country in which you're located. Next, enter your HP model number on the right.

(2) Next, choose the 'Contact Support' tab at the top and scroll down to the bottom of the 'HP Support- Contact' page to fill out the form provided with your contact information.

(3) Once completed click the 'Show Options' icon on the bottom right.

(4) Lastly, scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'Get the phone number.' A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. 

If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

If the product is Out of warranty, you may find the faulty part and their part numbers on the HP PARTS SURFER and order the replacement parts on the HP PARTS STORE or the local retailers as the part numbers are universal.

If I have helped you resolve the issue, 

feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon 

followed by clicking on 'Accepted as Solution' 

And Have a great day Ahead!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

thankyou for your help in finding the issue, i have decided as i really dont use the touchscreen  i have disabled it, now everything is working fine.

thankyou again.

HP Recommended

@ali_thecompldy

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Good to know that issue is resolved.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a *solvable* hardware issue, resulting from the HP Envy's touchpad responding improperly to fluctuations in the grounding system.  It can be solved by removing the touchpad's grounding entirely.  I am typing on such an Envy right now, whose problems I have completely solved with no recurrence for over a year.  The fix requires completely dissassembling the computer down to the touchpad, and removing all grounding strips and pads from it, and those of the metal bar which connects the pad physically to the mouse button. 

If my solution fixed your problem, please mark "solved".

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.