Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP G2 MT 280 Business PC
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

Hello every one ...

I hope you all in peace ...

I have a problem in my desktop pc that i just recently bought it's HP G2 MT 280 Business PC

and i want to install windows xp on it but i can't because in bios screen when i go to sata emulation

there is one option only and it's ACHI i want to switch to Ide mode or compatibility i couldn't

becuse there is one option only i hope someone solve  my problem as soon as possible

because i am so exhausted from trying .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you have to have XP on the machine, the similar older PC to what you got is the 8300 Elite CMT.

You can probably find used, off lease ones on ebay.  The only thing that won't work are the USB3 ports, because there is no driver support for them.

But there is a setting in the BIOS to have the ports run as USB2.

Or you can get the 8200 Elite CMT, and that doesn't have USB3 ports and also works on XP.

XP will run on either machine, and there are XP drivers for it.

There are no new business PC's made by any manufacturer today that can run XP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

it is impossible to install WXP on that platform.

Intel quit XP support for all platforms that came out after the Series 7 chipset.

I suggest you download Windows XP mode while it is still available, and use that on W7.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=8002

You will have to enable virtualization technology in the BIOS.

HP Recommended

Ok you mean there is no way to instal windows xp

Or if i  enable  virtualization technology i  could install it ??

HP Recommended

I mean there is no way to install XP on your PC the conventional way (CD or USB installation).

But if you are running W7 Pro, you can download the XP Mode software I linked you to, which is XP in a virtual mode.

It looks and works exactly like XP.  You can even do updates to it, etc.

But in order to use XP mode you have to be running W7 Pro, and you need to enable VT in the BIOS (which is normally found in the security menu).

I've used it myself for an old program I needed that didn't work on 64 bit operating systems.

HP Recommended

Okay that's was helpful .

I need to replace my PC 

Thank You .

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

If you have to have XP on the machine, the similar older PC to what you got is the 8300 Elite CMT.

You can probably find used, off lease ones on ebay.  The only thing that won't work are the USB3 ports, because there is no driver support for them.

But there is a setting in the BIOS to have the ports run as USB2.

Or you can get the 8200 Elite CMT, and that doesn't have USB3 ports and also works on XP.

XP will run on either machine, and there are XP drivers for it.

There are no new business PC's made by any manufacturer today that can run XP.

HP Recommended

Ooh!! ... I see it now more clearly
I will take Your advice about the new business PC

Your Brother Ahmed SA...

Wish you all the success .

HP Recommended

Anytime, Ahmed.

Glad to have been of assistance.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.