Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

on hp store

9,5 mm slim Blu-ray is available for HP Z820.

But on list my HP Z820's product no is not seen..

how can I find blu-ray writer to my hp z820.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Probably because the slim DVD/BD reader/writer were introduced for the ZX40 series. For the Z820 you can however buy this: https://www.asus.com/us/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW16D1HT

I use one in my Z440 and used it in my Z800 as well until i bought my Z440. It´s a standard 5.25" and often aviable in bulk to buy just the burner without third party software. I use ImgBurn instead.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Perhaps we are looking at different items when looking at a HP Z820.  When I looked for that PC model, it came up as a desktop workstation, which has 5.25" drive bays.  That can use a normal 5.25 DVD/Bluray drive.

Slim Bluray drives are usually not used for a desktop unit. 

Please post a link for the item the inquiry is for, so we are looking at the same thing.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Probably because the slim DVD/BD reader/writer were introduced for the ZX40 series. For the Z820 you can however buy this: https://www.asus.com/us/Optical-Drives-Storage/BW16D1HT

I use one in my Z440 and used it in my Z800 as well until i bought my Z440. It´s a standard 5.25" and often aviable in bulk to buy just the burner without third party software. I use ImgBurn instead.

HP Recommended

Just so you are not confused.  @Z440Roger misstated.  it will accept a standard 5.25" drive.  Most any model/brand will work as long as you have an empty drive bay, and spare SATA and power leads.

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I use HP Z820.

Due to this. I want to use HP products.

here is the link about 9.5 slim Blu-Ray writer.

it comes with 5,25" odd.

I have free 2 --5,25" odds..

I will put it to one of them..

HP Recommended

Just so you are not confused.  @Z440Roger misstated.  it will accept a standard 5.25" drive.  Most any model/brand will work as long as you have an empty drive bay, and spare SATA and power leads.

That´s what i meant though i by mistake wrote 3.5 inch but should have wrote 5.25". The ASUS writer i linked to is a standard sized 5.25" drive and do work. Don´t know how that can be misstated. What did i miss?

HP Recommended

thanks a lot.

I talked to HP experts via Phone.

They said that I can use their own blu-ray writer which is 9,5 mm slim one . it is coming with 5,25" carrier and required data and power cable in box..

Thank you all..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.