Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
EliteDesk 800 G3 35 w
Other

Hi

I have installed esxi on my little 800 G3 but i have met some challenges. Just some nice to haves.

the intel ME is in TLS version 1.1 any way to fix this?

The other minor issue.

The board has 2 DIMM slots addressed as 1 and 3 but this is not maintained in the Management engine so it says Slot 2 is empty. is there a way to fix?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

the Intel mgmt. engine is hardware/firmware which is part of the CPU and motherboard chipset and can not be upgraded

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedesk-800-65w-g3-desktop-mini-pc/15497277

look under firmware:

Intel Corporate Management Engine (ME) Firmware 11.8.86.3877 Rev.A  sp113359.exe

Intel Management Engine (ME) Firmware Update Tool for DOS or EFI 1.0.0.0 Rev.A sp80282.exe

esxi appears to be detecting that while the chipset is capable of multiple dimm slots on each memory controller,

however HP has elected to design this system using only two sodimm slots (one mem slot per memory channel)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.