Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook Power 15.6 inch G9 Mobile Workstation PC (4T4Z8AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi,

I have seen similar questions in the forum, but not found a solution for me. I have a ZBook Power G9 and it has Wolf Security Business as well as the Microsoft Defender. I have tried to find any info about Wolf Security Business and the differences to the Pro and Enterprise Version, but I cannot find a manual or a comparison between the versions anywhere. I am also confused if I need an Antivirus or not - since the Mircosoft Defender is installed it seems like one is needed. The HP Support Assistant is also sending messages recommending an Anti-Virus. A call with the Support Service was absolutely useless, as they could not help at all, neither if an Anti-Virus is needed, nor where to find any info about Wolf Secruity (they simply referred to the internet and said that Norton might make the system slow).

Does anyone have any advice please? I usually use Norton 360, which I'd like to install if an anti-virus is needed, but I am worried that this causes any clashes. I am also grateful for any advise on what Wolf Security Business actually does or if there are any manuals available.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

In my view, Microsoft’s ‘Windows Defender’ is as good an antivirus as any other antivirus software, including Norton in its various versions.

Anyway, the Windows Defender feature is automatically disabled once you install Norton on your computer.

In my experience with both Norton Internet Security and HP Wolf Security installed in my HP Z8 G4 workstation, clashes between both security applications are avoided, thanks to exclusions that I have set in each application, letting it ignore sensitive files and folders that belong to the other application in ‘Program Files’, ‘Program Files (X86)’ and ‘ProgramData’ folders.

[See also my previous reply, URL: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-PCs-Workstations-and-Point-of-Sale-Systems/HP-Wolf-Security-a... , .

As far as I understand, Bromium is the name of an application associated with HP Wolf Enterprise Security for PCs, which contains HP Wolf Security for Business as a sublayer.

HP Recommended

Here is some fresh info’ on the unique capabilities of HP Wolf Security:

Today I downloaded a Word document from a respectable ITU website, describing a certain model for predicting ‘Link-Budget’ of VHF telecommunication channels. In the Word document it was stated it contains an Excel worksheet that demonstrates the calculation of the model.

Sure enough, as soon as I opened the document to view the Excel worksheet, HP Wolf Security took over and declared the document insecure as it contains suspicious items in it. The document is now isolated ‘in custody’, i.e. in ‘Threat Containment’ by HP Wolf Security for ‘containing malware trying to get in’ into my PC.

The thing is, I know the document is in fact OK and safe, so I downloaded it using another PC, protected by Microsoft Security Essentials (MSE) software. Needless to say, this time the composite Word-Excel document came clean and I can use it. MSE did not notice anything out of the ordinary.

HP Recommended

hi @NettiB 

It's up to you to make a decision, see the different sites, discuss about antivirus!
In most cases, if you install an antivirus, to avoid any conflict, you must absolutely uninstall the previous one.
besides there is no point in using more than one at the same time, and you risk making it very very slow
Antivirus have more or less important functions, sometimes useless, you have to compare the versions
The microsoft software is very basic, effective, but to a certain extent.
You will not have certain functions, which others offer, but it is not very fast
it's up to you, the security you need

you have questions about the different options, contact them directly

https://www.hp.com/us-en/security/endpoint-security-solutions.html

https://support.hpwolf.com/s/contact

HP Wolf Pro Security Edition is preloaded on select computers and includes HP Sure Click Pro, HP Sure Sense Pro, and a paid 3-year license. HP Wolf Pro Security Edition software is licensed under the terms of the HP End User License Agreement (EULA) which you can find at: https://h30670.www3.hp.com/ecommerce/common/disclaimer. do#EN_US, amended as follows: “7. Duration. Unless otherwise terminated earlier in accordance with the terms contained in this EULA, the license for HP Wolf Pro Security Edition (HP Sure Sense Pro and HP Sure Click Pro) is effective upon activation and continues for thirty-six (36) months from continued (“Initial Term”). At the end of the initial term, you can either (a) purchase a renewal license for HP Wolf Pro Security Edition from HP.com, HP Sales or an HP channel partner, or (b) continue to use standard versions of HP Sure Click and HP Sure Sense at no additional charge without any future software updates or support from HP. » HP Wolf Pro Security Edition is optimized for an SMB environment and comes pre-configured. Features that facilitate management are optional. HP Wolf Pro Security Edition supports a limited toolset that can be leveraged by the HP Manageability Integration Kit, downloadable from http://www.hp.com/go/clientmanagement.

HP Wolf Pro Security service includes HP Sure Click Pro, HP Sure Sense Pro, HP TechPulse. HP Services are governed by the applicable HP terms and conditions of the service provider or indicated to Customer at the time of purchase. Applicable local law may grant additional legal rights to the customer. These rights are not affected in any way by HP's terms and conditions or the HP limited warranty provided with your HP product. For details on system requirements, please see www.hpdaas.com/requirements. HP TechPulse is a telemetry and analytics platform that provides critical device and application data and is not sold as a standalone service. HP TechPulse adheres to the strict privacy rules of the General Data Protection Regulation and is ISO 27001 certified for information security. Internet access required to view the HP TechPulse portal. For complete system requirements, please see http://www.hpdaas.com/requirements.

HP Wolf Enterprise Security is an optional service and includes HP Sure Click Enterprise. HP Sure Click Enterprise requires Windows 8 or 10 and support for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Chromium, or Firefox. Supported attachments include Microsoft Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and PDFs when Microsoft Office and/or Adobe Acrobat are installed. HP Services are governed by the applicable HP terms and conditions of the service provider or indicated to Customer at the time of purchase. Applicable local law may grant additional legal rights to the customer. These rights are not affected in any way by HP's terms and conditions or the HP limited warranty provided with your HP product. For details on system requirements, please see www.hpdaas.com/requirements.

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.