Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq Pro 6300 Microtower
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello

i have the workstation mintioned above, serial number [Personal Information Removed] / product number BOF58ET#UUZ

i need to install the wifi Intel 8260 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and BT PCIe Card

http://store.hp.com/SwitzerlandStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=N0S95AA&opt=&sel=DEF

but the problem , it is showing that it is for HP Z workstation,

i need to be sure before buying the part , that it will work with my computer,

i have slot PCIe 1* avilable

thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It is unlikely to work because you will probably need to install a PCIe x1 wifi card that is half height (low profile).

The wifi card you are enquiring about is full height and there will not be enough space in you OC's case. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

It is unlikely to work because you will probably need to install a PCIe x1 wifi card that is half height (low profile).

The wifi card you are enquiring about is full height and there will not be enough space in you OC's case. 

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

many thanks for your reply,

but my case is tower with the normal width of the PCI cards,  it is not the thin case,

should i send you the serial number of my computer, and you will be sure then

thanks for your support

regards

HP Recommended

i found another one:

Intel 7265 802.11ac

can you confirm please if i can install this card

http://store.hp.com/SwitzerlandStore/Merch/Product.aspx?id=N4G85AA&opt=&sel=DEF

thanks

HP Recommended

Yes. That card will work.

It will fit in the  PCIe x1 slot and in the  PC's enclosure.

It is compatible with many operating systems.

HP Recommended

thanks a lot,

i appreciate your support

HP Recommended

You're welcome. 🙂

The adapter is delivered with a seperate low-profile bracket.

You will have to use a screwdriver to remove the full height bracket and install the half height one.

HP Recommended

yes, i will do that,

i was thinking that my computer has the full height,

thanks again

HP Recommended

Hello,

i bought the card, and installed it, but my computer is using the full height bracket, so i just install it, and it is perfect,

in this case i think that the fist card which i was thinking to buy, should work too, right?

thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.