esconnell
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Internal HD has very slow write speeds

HP Recommended
Z8 G4
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello I am working with a newly delivered Z8 G4. Overall the system is working fine but I installed a 6tb Seagate Barracuda (new drive) and the write speeds are terrible (under 1 mb/s). I also noticed that my front case fan would spin up significantly after teh drive was installed. I took the drive out and installed it into an external dock which works and the speeds are much better though still about 1/3 what they would be installed internally. Case fans are also back to normal after removing teh drive. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
DGroves
Level 11
4,701 4,675 443 994
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

this is a new under factory warranty system, you should contact HP support for help

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
esconnell
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I did contact support with no real resolution... seems strange to me that a machine of this level would not be able to accept a common mainstream hard drive. Thank you for the reply!

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation