Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP z440
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I found a web site that will custom build a z440 with a Intel Xeon E5-2687 v3 SR1Y6) installed.  The white paper states that the e5-26xx is compatible with the z440. So, is the Intel Xeon E5-2687 v4 (SR2NA) also compatible?

I currently have a E5-1680 v4 and a E5-2687 v4 would be a substantial upgrade.  I am also hoping it will access my memory at its rated speed of 2133Mhz and not the current speed of 1866Mhz

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@chwhnd 

Please use the following document

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04400038.pdf

There are many options/configurations. You need to work this out depending on existing hardware on your machine.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply I have researched but HP doesn't always tell you everything.  I have the following manuals:

HP Z440 Maintenance and Service Guide
HP Z440 QuickSpecs
HP Z440 Technical white paper
HP Z440 User Guide

You can purchase a ready built z440 with a E5-2687W V3 installed, but I can't find out if the v4 which is a 12 core will also work.

HP Recommended

Here is my current configuration. E5-1680 v4, 96GB RAM, 3 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 16TB HDD, 1 x 12TB HDD, GTX 1060 3GB Video, Windows 10 1909 and PrimoCache.  I have it connected to a Samsung 75” Q90R & Q90R sound bar.  The RAM is Samsung 2133Mhz but my system is only running it at 1866Mhz and I don’t know what the problem is there.

I currently have a E5-1680 v4 and a E5-2687 v4 would be a substantial upgrade.  I am also hoping it will access my memory at its rated speed of 2133Mhz and not the current speed of 1866Mhz

I do realize my E5-1680 is a 140W CPU and the E5-2687 is a 160W, but will that make that big a difference I have never had a CPU over heat.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.