Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8000 Elite
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, so one day i was sitting at my desk when i accidentaly pushed my pc and my house keys Fell in the motherboard (p.s i had my  monitor on the pc and the panel was slighly off). When they fell in nothing happened, but when my stupid brains started to try and take out them with a Pencil i pushed the keys on some motherboard part that started to glow red (like heated metal), and then pc turned off. When i  tried to turn it on i was getting 4 red beeps,  in HP homepage i found that it's some internal component like cpu,psu etc. Now i bought a new psu and changed it, but beepins still happens, i changet 4 different cpu's still beeps, changed to 4 different ram sticks, still happens, so im thinking that it's the motherboard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

can i  ask you what sized case this is, as that dictates MOBO model INISIDE

USDT

SFF  ( Im guessing this,  laying flat you said so I GUESS SFF, small formfactor PCs.

or CMT  (there really 3 PCs not just one) yes details matter. sorry.

carbon14 dated 9 years old.

that one fact tells me the RTC coin cell is dead, and many PC made, goes brick dead with that $1 battery dead.

dropping metal keys in to any thing electrical can have catastrophic results.

wow glowing metal.  now that is doomed.

Im sure the MOBO is burned up,, seems the VRMs  melted. on mOBO,  low voltage huge current.

if the RTC battery is above 2.9vdc it is ok,. below not.  the beeps  mean serious errors.

Power supply overload failure = 4 beeps states your manual here  is the test not done yet.

1: remove all USB. devices

2: remove all PCI- cards,  and move video cable to Igpu jack rear of PC , call it local GPU.

3: remove all sata cables and SATA 15 pin cables from all drives and DVD.

4: all ram out but 1 and test  them 1 by 1.

5: so not is PSU +CPU +MOBO+1stickoRAM. + 1 monitor. called a min, system if fail now Mobo toasted, new PSU and all you did now proved that.

NO warranty answers by me.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

can i  ask you what sized case this is, as that dictates MOBO model INISIDE

USDT

SFF  ( Im guessing this,  laying flat you said so I GUESS SFF, small formfactor PCs.

or CMT  (there really 3 PCs not just one) yes details matter. sorry.

carbon14 dated 9 years old.

that one fact tells me the RTC coin cell is dead, and many PC made, goes brick dead with that $1 battery dead.

dropping metal keys in to any thing electrical can have catastrophic results.

wow glowing metal.  now that is doomed.

Im sure the MOBO is burned up,, seems the VRMs  melted. on mOBO,  low voltage huge current.

if the RTC battery is above 2.9vdc it is ok,. below not.  the beeps  mean serious errors.

Power supply overload failure = 4 beeps states your manual here  is the test not done yet.

1: remove all USB. devices

2: remove all PCI- cards,  and move video cable to Igpu jack rear of PC , call it local GPU.

3: remove all sata cables and SATA 15 pin cables from all drives and DVD.

4: all ram out but 1 and test  them 1 by 1.

5: so not is PSU +CPU +MOBO+1stickoRAM. + 1 monitor. called a min, system if fail now Mobo toasted, new PSU and all you did now proved that.

NO warranty answers by me.
HP Recommended

as i recall the later models use the same rear I/O layout so replacing the 8000 board with a 8100 or the 8300 is worthwhile as the same ram can be used (cpu may need to be upgraded) the same board is used in both the SFF/MicroTower models

boards are currently around 15.00/25.00 on ebay

HP Recommended

Yea, it's SFF. When i tested MB i didn't have anything attached to it, only one ram stick and cpu. I tested all ram sticks still beeps, Could any attached mobo component be damaged? Becouse i will sell my ram, cpu and maybe psu so i can buy something else with ddr3 ram. But pc wasn't so expensive i bought it only for 30 Euros, with  8 gb ram and 2 duo.  

Thanks for helping.

Have a nice day 🙂

HP Recommended

Yea, now im gonna sell some stuff so i can buy another pc. I am studiying as IT but have already broke 7 computers :D.

Thx for replying 🙂

Have a nice day.

HP Recommended

a word of advice,..................in your case (and gamers) AVOID Small Form Factor (SFF) and All In One (AIO) systems or any system using a custom (NON ATX) power supply as they are not upgradeable and parts can be hard to find and expensive............................

a great many dell/HP/Lenovo consumer systems are not standard ATX based, they use non std motherboards/power supplies research before you buy is the best advice i can give

i recommend a HP z400 if you must/want a non std system as these workstation class systems are currently cheap and their parts are cheap on ebay the z420 is a bit more expensive and not recommended in my opinion for someone trying to learn "IT" hardware

HP Recommended

Hello, thanks for the advice. I only bought that pc becouse that was my first good upgrade(from ddr2 to ddr3) and it was a good deal. I'v bought only mid towers so this was my first compaq pc. I also bought some really old compaq pc with ddr1 😄 but it was cheap too (that was kinda mystery pc), but it's still running great :D. 

I'm only buying pc's from fb marketplace because i have ragefull gaming experience, thats why my pc's sometimes break.

But im wondering if i bought some good gaming pc would i try and smash it? 😧

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.