Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Dont want to waste my time any more if its not possible for any reason

sounds for me like a huge letdown for the Z620 line

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Calaudude,

I had another look at Passmark baselines and made several searches: (GPU) [="RTX"] + [="2070"], [="2080"], [="2080 Ti"] +  (Motherboard) [="Hewlett-Packard"] and of the 70,187 HP systems tested, there were no results for any NVIDIA RTX.  By the way, I was pleased to see that of the 70,187 HP systems tested, the highest system rating is held by Forum friend Brian1965 at 7251.  My z620 is No.9.  A search specifically for the z620 also yielded no results for any RTX.  A quick glance at HP desktop and workstation sales does not list any RTX option. The HP Z8 G4 offers Pascal Quadros.

In my view, if HP is not offering any Turing GPU's on the top end workstation, it is unlikely that platform level support has filtered down to obsolete products.

This, however, is anecdotal information and speculation. It is advisable to contact HP sales directly , perhaps through the live chat site and inquire if HP is offering any RTX support.

I'm curious; does the RTX 1080 appear in Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters correctly listed?  What is the status reported in Control Panel > Device Manager > Display Adapters > "Properties" ?

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

with RTX 1080 you mean RTX 2080?

well there is nothing to check at Bios level I get the Power warning on screen and halt

HP Recommended

honestly I dont real know where to ask.

maybe you cen check out HP sales/chat whatever

when RTX dont work with HP workstations its a serious blow to HP and I cant believe HP will admit that you cant use NVIDIA anymore. 

I have two Z620 here in my office but I dont want waste more time until I get confirmed that RTX shold work on a Z620

I have one report from a german dude who did exchanged the PSU with a generic ATX PSU and got the 2080ti to work

that points to that the 800W HP PSU has critical issues with RTX cards 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.