Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Z620 Workstation

Is this graphics card GeForce RTX 3060 Ti , ok and can fit & is compatible with hp z620 Workstation? 

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

hi

If you want to replace/add a graphics card, there are a few things you need to check

>

You have to check the manufacturers data, for the chosen model , Dimensions, power requirements, and additional pci connectors required >see @old_geekster 's kb

Upgrade Video Card - HP Support Community - 7481981

>

this can also help:

Upgrade, for games, what to do, how to get an idea of what t... - HP Support Community - 8529359

for the graphics card, I often recommend the Asus site with filter options

just 500w

https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/graphics-cards/all-series/filter?Spec=683

or msi
https://www.msi.com/Graphics-Cards

See if others offer it, price/performance may vary...

If you have the idea to replace more than the graphics card (sometimes no choice, you will have to change the power supply as well) The processor, going from 16 gb of ram to 32 gb for example depending on the age of the computer, this might not be advantageous so rather old, what you change may not be able to be reused, unlike the graphics card..Sometimes, for not that much cost, you could have a much newer, more capable computer.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-z620-workstation/5225037/document/c03270936

HP Z220 SFF, Z220 CMT, Z420, Z620, and Z820 Workstations Maintenance and Service Guide

PCI Express graphics or compute card with auxiliary power adapter installation

Power supply ● 800 W Gold, 90% efficient, wide-ranging, active Power Factor Correction, two auxiliary dongles
on two separate 12V rails, ERP 0.5W, Built-in-Self Test (BIST)

if this should be ok

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

To conclude:

So, the graphics card RTX 3060 Ti is for the newest PCs, and this PC is too old... for this card.

Updating RAM or Graphics Card is NOT advantageous and not recommended for such an old PC, rather you can buy a new PC, and this is an exceptionally good decision...

FOR MY PURPOSE OF VIDEO EDITING, GRAPHICS DESIGN, AND PHOTO EDITING,

BEST TO HAVE A BETTER PC EG from the 2020-year model and up...  or better.

Also, to conclude,

This PC - hp z620 - is better for older graphics cards, the graphics card RTX 3060 Ti needs two power connectors, and this PC has one connector for older cards, ... 

correct...??? TRUE?

20230224_141752.jpg

20230224_141951.jpg

20230224_142148.jpg

HP Recommended

FALSE.

That should be a great card in a Z620. Or, spend $10,000 USD that you likely don't need to.

Who exactly makes it and what is the exact model number? I want to look it up for more details.

What kind of video editing do you do? Hobby? Pro?

You need to do some work yourself too... search this forum for the critical data here on just how much better the HP workstation power supplies are than the ATX standard. Specifically look up PCIe supplemental power cable and the special high power HP power adapters that are shown in the prior poster's HP document. Have you read that? If not, do.

HP Recommended

if NO FUNDS FOR A NEWER WORKSTATION...
This PC - HP z620 - is better for older graphics cards, the graphics card RTX 3060 Ti needs ONLY one power connector, AND MAYBE WORKING WITH Z620... EVEN HAVING TWO POWER CONNECTORS... CORRECT?

some forums say needed both power connectors... well? I will ask my friend, the owner for the full model number...

HP Recommended

hi

@lse123 
to make it clear, so as not to always repeat the same thing, I answer with a macro, and I generally add additional information depending on the computer
Sometimes it can be useful to know that the person is not the owner
Precisely in this case, where it could be repeated wrongly
So what I'm saying is just a warning, to see whether or not it will be worth it for the user, I'm not saying no here, it's up to the user to decide.
with this type of computer, probably not the case!
for the graphics card, I'm just saying that it will be necessary to check according to the model chosen
If it can fit, because all graphics cards, not the same size
check, depending on the model chosen, the number of pci connectors required, and whether the power supply has all the connectors!
Sometimes adapters can be used, but not always the best option
I hope more clear

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

FYI
The graphics card to add is:
iGame GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Ultra W OC

HP Z620 PC
Soon I will post processor specs...

HP Recommended

so this one ?

https://en.colorful.cn/product_show.aspx?mid=102&id=1831

Power Suggest600W and above
Power Connector2*8Pin
Power Supply8+2
Product Size310*131.5*56mm

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

For HP Z620 and this graphics card...

My PSU is 800W for my hp z620 

See attached photos here in the forums:  
1: [content removed]

2: [content removed]

3: [content removed]

PC PURPOSE is:   
PHOTO AND GRAPHICS EDITING, VIDEO EDITING 📹 

Q1:
So, I have to invest in new PC 🖥  as for this purpose, software like Adobe Premiere Pro or PhotoShop require hardware of 7-generation processor and beyond, at least, so even old editions of such Adobe software may stop soon support hp z620... old hardware... correct...? The hp z620 Not at all, is future proof... right...?

Q2:
I think with help of adapters can have two 8-pin power connections... Adapters are ok to be used?
Eg
6pin to 8pin
Sata to 8pin
?
Please provide Amazon links for such Adapters?

Q3: 
Do you recommend Windows 11 64-bit Pro for this card and cards drivers? Era of Windows 11 software and hp hardware, or alternatively software/hardware/drivers beyond 2018+...?

HP Recommended

Q2:
I think with the help of adapters I can have two 8-pin power connections... Are adapters ok to be used?
E.g.
6pin to 8pin
Sata3 to 8pin
?
Please provide Amazon.com links for such compatible Adapters...?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.