Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Compaq 6000 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I would like to know what the jumper pins FDO, BB are used for, I know that PSWD means to clear and reset password.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@1Filippino

FDO

The Flash Descriptor Override (FDO) jumper allows for the updating on the Intel Management Engine.

I have not found what the BB means YET.

REO

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information

HP Recommended

Do some searching on Crisis Recovery Jumper here and elsewhere......

HP Recommended

@1Filippino

So the "BB" jumper pins are for Crisis Recovery???

REO 

HP Recommended

Yep. 

Go use this forum's search function and find my post on that and the quote from a favorite HP engineer we miss quite a bit:

You'll see the words that BB stands for in this quote from Dan:  "If so, this is the E15 Boot Block recovery header.  There is a jumper on pins 2 and 3 (right hand side pins in this picture).  Moving the jumper from pins 2-3 (default) to 1-2 manufally forces the system into boot block recovery mode."

Don't mess with this unless you have done a lot of research.  There is more to it than that quote.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.