Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-16-2022 06:44 AM
Recently purchased a ZBook Power G8 workstation and been setting it up as of the time of writing this post. I followed the start up steps and plugged in the charger before turning it on. Once I had completed the intial setup process I quickly realised that the laptop was not charging.
The laptop recognises the charger when you turn the power on and off from the plug, however after a minute or so, it stops charging and goes back to using battery power.
I have tried many pf the soltutions I found on the internet, but have not had any success.
I am using the standard charger provided with the laptop. Is there anything I can do to solve this issue?
(only got about 10% charge left on the battery)
11-16-2022 07:49 AM
Welcome to the HP Community Forum.
The usual rules apply to this sort of situation:
Try a different outlet - no surge protector between system and wall outlet!
Make sure all ends are securely plugged in where needed.
HP Support – Hardware / Technical Support for Devices in Warranty
Registered Devices in Warranty: Select a method and contact HP Support…
Open website HP World-Wide Support
Select your region and follow the prompts
USA / Canada > HP® Customer Support - USA
Reminders - READ
- Case submission to HP Support is available to those whose devices registered and are still in Warranty.
- Some regions display phone / chat contact information only after the case is submitted online
- Not every issue is covered under the standard Hardware Warranty. Purchased Care Pack Warranties differ by contract.
- HP is not a "general" repair facility: Requests for out-of-warranty repairs are usually not accepted.
- If the problem is hardware, if your device is in Warranty, if your device is Registered, and you cannot submit your case to Support, let us know and we will forward a request.
- HP Phone numbers you find on the Internet have likely been hijacked. Old HP phone numbers – those no longer used by HP since the move to “online” case submissions – might have been hijacked. Do not be a victim. Be Careful.
HP Device Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Device - Solve Problems
When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic
NOTE: Content depends on device type and Operating System
Categories: Alerts, Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software and BIOS, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guide, Service and Maintenance Guide (Replacement Parts and Procedures), Product Information (Specifications), more
Thank you for participating in the HP Community.
Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.
Click Yes to say Thank You
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community