Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Trying to bring my HP 380G7 back on line after a major hardware failure.  I cannot configure the RAID on my P410i, and the only reason I can imagine is the RAID Controller License.  I do not ever remember this issue.  Where can I get a code?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi:

HP split into two companies a few years ago.

HP supports PC's, printers, tablets and calculators.

HP Enterprise supports servers, switches, routers and tape drives.

You may also want to post your question on the HPE Community Support Forum -- ProLiant servers section...

https://community.hpe.com/t5/ProLiant-Servers-ML-DL-SL/bd-p/itrc-264#.Xeqqa0BFzGg

HP Recommended

your server uses a scsi card that is quite similar to the P410, the main difference as i recall being the way you access the bios

the p410 has the bios onboard and uses a keyboard sequence to access it during the card's startup and was a general purpose server card used in several models

the 410i works a bit differently as it's bios merges with the server bios upon the servers startup and was specific to only several server models

for the 410i in a 380 series server, advanced raid options require a valid license key be installed however raid modes 0/1/5 do not require a key but other modes will

Installing a license key with Array Configuration Utility (ACU).

If the controller supports SAAP, one can use ACU to install the licensee key and activate SAAP functionality.

NOTE:  A minimum of 256MB cache and battery kit, or FBWC, is required to enable the SAAP license key. SAAP is not available on Zero Memory Configurations.

To install a License Key in ACU:

1. Open ACU and click the Configuration tab.
    2. Select a controller from the Controller/Device menu.
    3. In the Available Tasks panel, click Manage License Keys.
    4. Click Add License Key.
    5. Enter License Key number.
    6.  Click Save

When activated with a registered license key, SAAP provides the following features.

• RAID 6 (ADG).
  • RAID 60.
  • Advanced Capacity Expansion.
  • Mirror splitting and recombining in offline mode.
  • Drive Erase.
  • Performance optimization for video on demand.

To configure the above features, please refer to the Controller and/or Array Configuration Utility user guide. These features are dependent on the Smart Array Controller model, firmware and number of hard drives installed.

At boot time, press F8 to enter the Integrated Lights-Out 2 setup. Press Ctrl+S to open the Intel Boot Agent Setup Menu.

Press F8 to open the ROM Array Configuration menu. From the Main Menu, select Create Logical Drive and press Enter.

is your 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.