Coachgore1
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Low Profile HDMI video card

HP Recommended
HP Z220 SFF
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, Im Thomas a new to the forum.  Why is it when i connect my (Z220 SFF PC) to my receiver from the display port and play a movie all is well but If I leave and go to another device and come back,  th sound is gone and the picture may be gone or just not responsive.   I have 3 other devices connected thru the receiver HDMI to HDMI and i can leave each device and come back to it and its working perfectly.....   For some reason the displayport to hdmi will not hold the handshake.... Also, if the PC goes into sleep mode and i try to connect it, it just will not connect..   I have to restart the PC to start all over again...  Do I need a low profile HDMI video card so it can stay connected like all my other devices....  Frustrated here..  Was wanting to get my Plex started..   Thanks for any help PLEASE

2 REPLIES 2
savvy2
Level 7
1,432 1,383 40 124
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

w7

control panel

click power  then advanced.

put PC into what I call presentation mode, all sleeps off, all hybernate modes all off.

then there is a chance.

NO warranty answers by me.
0 Kudos
Coachgore1
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks Savvy2,  that definitely stop it from going into sleep modes but it didnt stop the fact that if i leave hdmi port that the Z220 computer is on and lets say go to my nvidia shield, when i return back to the Z220 the screen may be overblown or the sound is not there.....  Talk to a geek guy from best buy and he said it happens when they are setting up and they recommend getting hdmi cards....   I wish it was another solution but i might just have to do it

Thanks again Savvy2

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation