Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Z8 G4 Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I'm trying to track down the M.2 Adapter that fits in the top PCIE3 x8. I have attached a photo which I grabbed of your website, the adapter I'm looking for has a red rectanble around it, I have also put a red rectangle to show which PCIE slot it fits in.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.m.2 for Z8 G4.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@DRGSMIT

Yikes! "I need to get me one of these.":smileysurprised::smileyhappy::smileytongue:  Max'd out I would need to win the lottery in order to buy it.

Z8 is a proprietary design and the propriety parts would mainly come from HP.

I can't tell from the Sales servers what the adapters in red actually would be. Those adapters may be a new design for the Z Turbo PCIe SSDs (only a guess). I wonder if they actually run x8.

You might want to view the posted HP documentation.

---------------------------------------------------------------

DDR4-4000 memory dimms would be a plus if available.

HP ENVY 6055, HP Deskjet 1112
HP Envy 17", i7-8550u,16GB, 512GB NVMe, 4K screen, Windows 11 x64
Custom PC - Z690, i9-12900K, 32GB DDR5 5600, dual 512 GB NVMe, gen4 2 TB m.2 SSD, 4K screen, OC'd to 5 Ghz, NVIDIA 3080 10GB
HP Recommended

the HP says it's a pci-e x8 slot,........but it might be tweaked, (or the carrier board may have a firmware rom on it)  if not then a normal dual m.2 x8 adapter card should work, as long as it's  x8 and not x4

this card might work,

https://www.amazon.com/Supermicro-AOC-SLG3-2M2-Adapter-2x480GB-Enterprise/dp/B078QSR13W

but you will have to remove the existing metal backplate from the card and fashion a retainer that secures the card  and aligns the pci-e contacts properly in the slot (note: this is not something i would do on a system that costs this much and is under warranty) i recomend you wait for hp to release the correct M.2 SSD carrier board for this workstation

here some info on the slot/ssd used in this slot

CPU0 and CPU1 support optional M.2 storage modules that support two M.2 storage sticks each

i'm guessing that the card hp will be offering has two m.2 connectors, and hp simply routs 4 pcie lanes to each m.2 socket

https://content.etilize.com/User-Manual/1045332004.pdf

HP Recommended

Hey mate.

Thanks for your detailed reply, yeah I had a look at something similar but can't seem to find anything shipping within the UK but I think your right probally best to wait.

Thanks again for all the info.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.