Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ProDesk 600 G1 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am actually very concerned because starting a few months ago and it's getting worst and worst every weeks, all of my corporate HP ProDesk 600 G1 Mini PC are having regular blue screens because "STOR_EXCEPTION" error. According to my research, "STOR_EXCEPTION" is usually related to a outdated drivers or a defective storage device. Since I have a DOZEN of HP ProDesk 600 G1 Mini desktop that are all doing the same error, I would not suspect any hardware defect as well, however I took two of the affected computers and perform a 100% clean Windows 10 Pro install, then update all drivers to latest (as per HP website), so as all BIOS/firmware updates and these d*** computers are still bluescreen-ing almost ONCE PER DAY, no matter what I do.

Since they are business computers, this is highly problematic. The only thing I can see is this coming from something between the hardware and some recent Windows 10 updates and/or peripheral driver update, but since I performed two 100% clean install, then performed all possible updates everywhere, I am getting a bit out of ideas...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally figured out that this blue screen error is caused by our corporate antivirus software which is Sophos Endpoint Intercept X antivirus. However this issue only affect this very specific HP machine model and generation, since we never saw this error on any other computers we have like ProBook 440, 450, Elitebook 480, etc. It doesn't affect ProDesk Mini 600 G2 and G3 we have, this error is exclusively related to HP ProDesk Mini 600 G1 desktop, no matter if we clean reinstall Windows 10 Pro with limited software (mostly only Office 365 suite), it still BSOD once per few days with error STORE_EXCEPTION (sorry made a typo in original post, missing the "E").

We forwarded the case to SOPHOS, however since the error is exclusively limited to this specific machine type, it's very hard for troubleshooting and findind a solution...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I finally figured out that this blue screen error is caused by our corporate antivirus software which is Sophos Endpoint Intercept X antivirus. However this issue only affect this very specific HP machine model and generation, since we never saw this error on any other computers we have like ProBook 440, 450, Elitebook 480, etc. It doesn't affect ProDesk Mini 600 G2 and G3 we have, this error is exclusively related to HP ProDesk Mini 600 G1 desktop, no matter if we clean reinstall Windows 10 Pro with limited software (mostly only Office 365 suite), it still BSOD once per few days with error STORE_EXCEPTION (sorry made a typo in original post, missing the "E").

We forwarded the case to SOPHOS, however since the error is exclusively limited to this specific machine type, it's very hard for troubleshooting and findind a solution...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.