Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
z800
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi!
I have added second CPU and RAM for it. Types of the new CPU and new RAM are same like the currents. Second CPU working fine, but there is problem with RAM. Error messages 204, 203 and 209 appear during BIOS loading for each RAM slot for second CPU. Memory modules are operational as I have replaced old and new modules. New modules work at the slots for CPU0, old modules not work at the slots for CPU1. What is a problem? How to repair the memory system?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

ScreenGuy wrote:

204-Memory loaded incorrectly

211-Memory warning condton detected

283 Memory module failed self-test and failing rank was disabled slot 1

That 283 error message tells me that you put a failed RAM module in slot 1, and it produced the error 211.

Slot 1 is the second slot counting away from the CPU. Take the stick in slot 1 out and  never use it again.

Of the remaining memory modules you must put two in alternate slots.

From the CPU location,they are numbered O,1,2,3.  

You can put modules in the 0 and 2 slot, but not in the 0 and 1 slot, or slot 2 and 3. That would produce a mismatch, as in error 204. 

Replace all four sticks with guaranteed compatible RAM from a well known vendor. Do not purchase one module to replace the failed one., or a pair.

Mixing memory manufacturers, density( the number of chips populating a stick) or memory bandwidth is very likely to produce a no boot scenariuo and more error messages.

Crucial memory makes compatible memory for yourworkstation. See the following URL.

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compatible-upgrade-for/HP---Compaq/xw8600

In which region of the world do you live?

ScreenGuy wrote:

And one more thing , I have 4 sticks of 1 gb of ram, can I replace them to 1 piece of 8 gb of ram??

Yes. you can replace them with modules of 2GB to upgrade to 8GB.

Only use guaranteed compatible memory. If a manufacturer or vendor does not guarantee that it is compatible with your workstation, don't waste your money or time with it.

I recommend vendors such as Kingston, Crucial, Corsair, PNY, Geil. 

Regards

Muthusarkan

Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you for advice. I held in mind the document about adding memory to dual processor Z800 WS.
Befor upgrade I had 6 sticks by 4GB DDR3 1333MHz ECC HMT151R7BFR4C-H9 Synchronous Registered (Buffered) from Hynix at slots near CPU0. I have bought 2 sets 3x4GB the same type memory. I had planned to get 48GB from 12 identical sticks, but just now I have found, that one stick have a other part number - HMT151R7BFR4A-H9. How remove the error? Do I have to change single module or whole set from 3 modules?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.