Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Z4 G4
Other

Hello

I'm able to boot WinPE 64bit without problem , I tried with WinPE 10 (1809) 64bit and WinPE 4 (Windows 8.1) 64bit.

but if I try to boot the 32bit versions , it boots , the scripts run but the peripherals such as keyboard, mouse and LAN are not working. I know that those workstations are supported with 64 bit OS only ,  nevertheless I'm looking to find a way , even unsupported by HP and Microsoft, to have keyboard ,mouse and LAN working.

I wrote Mission Impossible as I guess this can't be solved , but I try to ask to other people, you never know.

Thanks

Bye

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

since there is no reasion to run a 32 bit OS on this workstation i fail to see the reasion why we should spend the time to do so

HP Recommended

TryToDoMybest,

> What is your specific use for a 32-bit OS on a Z4?

The thing is, as far as I know, Windows 64-bit will run 32-bit programs and does more often than we might think.

If a 32-bit OS is absolutely required, I'm reasonably certain that the Z4 will not boot to a 32-bit OS, but I'm wondering if a 32-bit OS- even 32-bit XP, could be run as a VM?

BambiBoomZ

HP Recommended

Hello

WinPE 32bit is used  to install Windows 7 64bit.I know it's not the best things to do.

Imagine if you developed your own installation environment used for years in your company on several ten thousand computers, and it's based on WinPE 32bit ....

and you are lazy and you didn't updated your .exe , used in WinPE , from 32 to 64bit ?

Now you have an issue on this new computers .... you can't install Windows 7 64bit using Winpe 32bit.

you have two choise: use another installation method (SCCM for example) or you don't buy this computers. May be there are equivalent workstation where such "ancient" installation method works. So it could be easier to avoid to buy Z4 G4.

I wanto to avoid to go away from Z4 G4.

bye

HP Recommended

your desire to spend time trying to get a 32bit os working instead of spending the time to get a 64bit OS is counterproductive

and if your not willing to spend the time planning/testing a upgrade and then rolling it out then we are not willing to do your work for you.................... and since these workstations are available with factory HP win 7 x64 restore disks/OS pre installed i again point out what a waste of time trying to install a 32bit is........

and if indeed you do have several 10 thousand systems then i also find it hard to believe there was/is no money or qualified people to plan a a migration to a newer 64bit os.....................

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.