Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Device Manager
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Hello,

We are currently using HP Device Manager v4.7 SP10 on a Windows Server 2008 R2 virtual machine. We want to move the software including the database and inventory to a new Windows Server 2016 virtual machine. We already have a virtual machine running Windows Server 2016 and installed HP Device Manager 4.7 SP10. We have found how to migrate the database and migrated from PSQL to Microsoft SQL. When i start up HP Device manager now, the inventory is not available and HPDM is still referring to the old master inventory server.

What would be the correct steps to execute this move?

Kind regards,

Jos Verhallen

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

To use the new Master Repository, please

1. From Console > Tools > Repository Management, select the Master Repository and select Edit
  2. Modify the server address, and other properties if changed
  3. Follow the wizard to test.  Ignore the test error and finish to save.
  4. Stop HPDM Server
  5. Find and delete hpdmskey.keystore under installPath/Server/bin
  6. Start HPDM Server
I am an HPI Employee.
My opinions are my own and do not express those of HPI.
**Light the thumb up if you like my post**
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.