Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Every 1 min, I hear a music tone (not Beeps) comes from the case without any messages or warning, Cpu temperature is normal (29 - 34 Centigrade)

I google it without any solution.

I have an audio file for the sound but did not know how to upload it to the forum

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

As an extra information:

Cpu is intel I7-6700
Memory : 8- 1067 Gig in slot 1 & 8-1200 in slot 3
Vga: Intel

HP Recommended

i suspect that if you open device manager, you will briefly see it show a new device which then disappears in time with the tone over and over

remove any usb devices and if still getting the tone power down and remove any pci-e cards except for video

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying,
I monitor the device manger while the music go on and off and there is no new device detected.
I have no pci-e cards at all, All I have is the ram, an NVME drive and HDDrive. The video is built in.

Also, I notice that the music repeated every 1 minute exactly.
There is an usb stick and I will remove it tomorrow and tell you the result.

HP Recommended

I remove the usb stick and also restart the computer, But with no change. The music tone is driving me crazy.

HP Recommended

your not going to see a actual device appear/disappear in device manager, what you will see is that the listed devices page refreshes/redraws just as the tone chimes

HP Recommended

This is a YouTube short video I uploaded for the device manger with the music tone.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.