Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Tower G9 Workstation Desktop PC RCTO Base Model
Microsoft Windows 11

My workstation freezes several times per day. It will freeze (mouse does not move, video and audio pause) for 2-3 seconds and then continue on. I have updated all the drivers that HP recommends and rebooted the system but this problem still occurs. I've had this computer for about a month now and it has done it since I first powered it up.

Is there anything I can do to address this before I write up a support ticket?

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

I have a user that we just installed the same model for and they are having the exact same issue.  It happens every 15 minutes or so throughout the day.  The pc does have an upgraded NVIDIA RTX A4000 16GB card installed so I tried changing out that first but the issue persists.  I've even made sure all drivers, HP and NVIDIA, were updated but no change.  I will wait a bit to see if there are any solutions before submitting a ticket.

HP Recommended

I'm running Windows 11 - is user doing the same? And I don't have a graphics card, am using the onboard graphics.

I ran the HP diagnostics (the extended, long version) and it didn't find anything wrong.

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one with this issue.

HP Recommended

I'm having the exact same issue as well, Windows 10 22h2 or Windows 11 22h2 does not matter. Fully updated via HP support assistant and Windows Updates.

HP Recommended

And now there are three...

Are either of you using OneDrive? When my Workstation came to me, OneDrive was enabled. I did not want it, so I disabled it. Have either of you done the same? It's the only "odd", non-standard thing I can think of...

HP Recommended

nope I do not have one drive installed. 

HP Recommended

Did you uninstall OneDrive or did it just come to you not installed? Mine came installed already.

HP Recommended

one drive is installed by default

HP Recommended

one drive is installed by default and i removed it.

HP Recommended

i captured a freeze using windows performance recorder, but i cannot get it to open in performance analyzer its a 21gb etl file i will leave it running overnight and see if it actually loads in the analyzer.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.